Forum

Another headset thread

Created 24th January 2010 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from exm

Bought Fatal1ty analog ones just few weeks ago. For a guy who only had cheap “gaming” headsets, they are really nice and not so pricy compared to Steelseries’ ones. Mic quality is also pretty good, although there’s a problem if you wear glasses- they tend to push in pretty hard (and mess up your fro, too :D)

Fatal1ty are “cheap” headsets. ;)

+1 Siberia v2

Also, this is the case with a lot of computer stuff. Not everything is constantly being updated. Like with computer cases. There probably has been maybe… 2 or 2? cases released in the past year you would actually buy. Same goes with power supplies, etc,,,

All a headset is ever going to do is let you hear stuff and let other people hear you. There isn’t really much “advancement” you can make on that.

edit: yes i realise its an old thread, just thought it was a point worth making.

Last edited by Skyride,

Sofa King

sennheiser headset pc-350

75% of all outdoor sound is not in your world :>

Voff

nwave`

siberia v2

Morty

RG

Quoted from Voff

siberia v2

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

5Hv2

Necro and highjack, I need a new one, had a 5h v2 in the past (broke because I fell asleep wearing them), and now thinking either 5h again or siberia v2.

I’d go for the siberia in an instant if I knew that the actual headphones are as comfortable.
With the 5h there was plenty of room inside the cups between my ears and the actual speakers, the siberia look as if the speakers were lying ontop of your ears, despite the padding on the cups- is this correct?

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave/

Anyone able to answer my question? Would appreciate it.

Waebi

‹Con›

to be fair, i am wearing the Siberia (v1) for hours and barely notice it being on my head :) I suppose you can’t go wrong with it – but if you want to be safe, why not check it out at a local store and ask if you can try it on…

Quoted from Waebi

to be fair, i am wearing the Siberia (v1) for hours and barely notice it being on my head :) I suppose you can’t go wrong with it – but if you want to be safe, why not check it out at a local store and ask if you can try it on…

I don’t go outside. But thanks, I’ll try them out, can still send them back if I don’t like them I suppose. Had that same thing with the 5H, I’d totally forget I’m wearing them at all, so awesome.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave/

i have this atm. Find it uncomfortable, too bulky, after 1 hour of wearing it I cant wait to take it off. Preferred my G35 from before, shame it died..

Norrland3000

Sennheiser HD555
Siberia is crap!…….fanboy me!

Last edited by Norrland3000,

dauk

I had siberia for a year or something and its awesome and comfortable. But now i need to get an usb headset. Any suggestions?

Quoted from Norrland3000

Sennheiser HD555

I would, but it seems the only respectable desk microphones on the market are studio-recording-quality, at least I am yet to hear anyone with a desk mic who doesnt sound like ass, or see positive reviews on cheaper ones.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Seperate HP and mic is better. You can combine your fav HP with a good mic. Most gaming headsets are closed cans, which are handy if @ LAN, but provide less wide and accurate soundstage for auditive positioning. Also it feels weird to hear your lower voice region “amplified” if you talk with closed heaphones on that block the sound out. But that’s just personal ;P

You could buy a USB condenser mic and set up your sound so that Windows will use a seperate sound interface (the mic’s own interface) for recording. Or you can buy phantom power + XLR connection units from a budget brand like Behringer and hook up a cheap stage mic which is usually 10x better for the same price compared to a 3.5″ minijack mic. The first solution, a USB condener mic, will be cheaper, but impractical, cause most USB mics are fairly large.

Something like the above mentioned Senn 555 + seperate mic will probably beat all the gaming headsets in it’s price range.

Last edited by skeej,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »