Forum

Washing Mousemat

Created 9th December 2009 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

exm

Hello!

I’ve been using Razer Goliathus Control for almost a year now, and since it’s cloth, it sucks all of moisture (sweat) to inside and recently it began to smell a little. So I was wondering if I can wash it, and could I use something (cleaners) or should I use just plain water?

firerain

just wash it with soap then let it dry :)

Pyle

Lol exm… You didnt wash it for a hole year ? haha… I wash mine 2 times a week :D

Lowz

infusion`
DAKKA

Fortunately my wrists don’t sweat much, so my mousemat still has that “new car” smell.

KillaloT

eureka

Lol exm… You didnt wash it for a hole year ? haha… I wash mine 2 times a week :D

How long is a “hole year”?

also, steel mousemats ftw :) Steelseries SX

Last edited by KillaloT,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

No amount of detergent is going to wash out the spunk stains you dirty little boy.

Lowz

infusion`
DAKKA

No amount of detergent is going to wash out the spunk stains you dirty little boy.

You should have seen the keyboard I had to buy at I37. Fuckin’ jizz stains, bought I just gotsta to play TF2 :(

KOVACS

When I used Goliathus and cleaned it I just used a damp cloth with some detergent and lightly brushed the surface until it looked like brand new.

Since I changed to Steelseries SX (Hard anodized aluminium mat) it has changed to recoating the surface with silicone spray once a week or so to make it glide the same as when brand new:D

Pyle

No way… http://shop.steelseries.com/index.php/surfaces/steelseries-qck-heavy.html …………..

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

You should have seen the keyboard I had to buy at I37. Fuckin’ jizz stains, bought I just gotsta to play TF2 :(

L’anglias?

KillaloT

eureka

No way… http://shop.steelseries.com/index.php/surfaces/steelseries-qck-heavy.html …………..

there is no way that cloth ever gets as smooth as coated aluminium. Teflon on aluminium have one of the lowest frictional coefficient you will find.

but yes, the size of QcK Heavy is nice :)

KOVACS

there is no way that cloth ever gets as smooth as coated aluminium. Teflon on aluminium have one of the lowest frictional coefficient you will find.

but yes, the size of QcK Heavy is nice :)

Yeah but most people actually prefer more friction as it gives the perception of more control and glide like SX gives can take time to become accustomed to.

I tried going back to cloth after using SX for a few months just to see what it was like and couldn’t aim to save myself.

Last edited by KOVACS,

exm

I see you have this problem? :D

Anyways, I’ll try to simply wash it with water. Thanks for quick reply’s btw :)

P.S.: I used cloth, aluminium, plastic and glass mousemats, and imo, cloth > all.

Cycles

lolwow

I just chucked it in with my clothes and then let it dry on my drying rack with everything else. Worked a treat

(Oh, it’s a SteelSeries qck)

Last edited by Cycles,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I just throw mine in with my clothes into the washing machine every few months o.O

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »