Message to the "TF2-is-dead" cynics

Created 10th October 2009 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

Cook is back. Game is now alive.

Topics over.

elynn

Who cares about mediocre div1 players leaving, there will be more as it will give more room for new players to play on that higher level, it’s often about experience anyways and there are plenty of new teams, even more than before. Fact is the game is slowly progressing on lower divisions too talent wise, problem just lies on the very top and a premiere division is indeed in place and would be a lot more interesting. That being said I don’t think there has been that many significant players gone from the scene that would help rest of the div1 clans compete against top4/5 (Masiina,Punpu,Mafu come to mind!=)).

TF2 3D challenge in Finland Assembly lans was a good succes and I can be positive and see TF2 getting a much larger role in upcoming Assembly lans too. Those who leave because they think the game ss dead are prolly players who want to compete only for the prizes, but unlikely will win anything in any other game either. The game will continue live anyways years to come for those who enjoy playing it.

+1

M0re

someone said that quake has many good maps but instead it has only rs_zz1, well6, genders, blitzkrieg and ofc xpress3. so 5maps 8(

agron

Relic

I only like to play granlandspit anyway. Never get bored of em.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Oh god. Compton you missed the point aswell. I’m not worried about tf2 dieing or anything like that. Nor am I afraid of people talking about it.
I played a dead game for a good 2-3 years after it even died, regardless of what people thought or did.

All I’m saying is; If you think the game is dead, then fuck off and stop whining on our forums. No one gives a shit, except you. The fact you give a shit shows you have some guilt or remorse. End of discussion.

Umm I’ve never personally heard “TF2 is dead” expressed in a serious manner and I think I follow ETF2L forums quite closely. So I can’t really see this massive whining you’re talking about.

Secondly, if you read your post, you mentioned nothing about whining; you were directly attacking people who think that way:

You kids are just plain dumb. You don’t even know the definition of “dead” (in relation to games anyway) if you think TF2 is dead.

And even if people would whine about it, who cares so much as to spark this kind of massive thread about it? There’s always the option to ignore the whiners, you know.

Well you are right in the fact I did not state my reasons. But now you know.
If you knew me though, I’m not one to sit back when I disapprove of something. It’s not care about the game, it’s more a fact of getting tired of a certain behaviour.
Also I never “sparked” a massive thread. I merely stated my feelings, and then other people replying sparked the massive response. Clearly showing that everyone has mixed feelings about the subject.

Serious manner or not. What’s the point?

Skyride

DUCS

+1

My problem is that atm, im bored as shit being off school for 2 weeks and playing TF2 for hours every day gets boring. Im not bored of TF2 itself.

Iller

tGa

You kids are just plain dumb. You don’t even know the definition of “dead” (in relation to games anyway) if you think TF2 is dead. Sure TF2 has gone down hill a bit in recent days. We’ve seen a definate skill shift as the gap between the upper divisions has definately closed to a tighter level. You could say the skill level of Div1 has also fallen slightly, but still you also have a constant flock of new teams coming into the scene and moving up the ranks. You’re only saying TF2 is dead because you want some justification to quit, and also because you’re guilty of wanting to quit. It’s pathetic and I’ve seen it in so many games before.

Ta
(p.s. TF2 is not actually dead.)

Of course TF2 is not anywhere near dead. Why are there then more teams in ETF2L than ever before ? The game is steadily growing.

This “TF2 is dead” some people write once in a while seems to be some Tourette mantra, some kind of verbal tics meaning nothing.
Maybe some people use the phrase(as you say) when they actually mean that the game is dead to themselves, that they are bored of the game.

The game is “dead” when there are no or almost no people playing it anymore. This is clearly not the case with TF2.

Some known names from Div 1 leaving the game ? So what ? Who cares ?
Good for them. If they don’t like the game anymore quitting it is a wise thing to do.
There is definetly no lack of new players or teams.

crzfst

CS has lots of good maps

dust2
nuke
inferno
mill
fire
strike
train
cbble

Shit no chance for anyone to ever get good then?

When all the top players have left or gone inactive when CoD MW2 and LD2 im sure you’ll be able to class yourself as high++ then.

When was the last time someone played cbble, fire, strike on cs tournaments? Uuuhm… 450 years ago?

Last edited by crzfst,

julieN1

cQr

+1

My problem is that atm, im bored as shit being off school for 2 weeks and playing TF2 for hours every day gets boring. Im not bored of TF2 itself.

that, fucking THAT^ + fucking 1

fJack

k^m

+1

Go outside most of the day?

Evil

CS has lots of good maps

dust2 – pubbiemaster
nuke
inferno
mill – shit
fire – shit
strike – shit
train – shit
cbble – shit

dust2 is one of the most competitive maps in 1.6 and all of those maps are very good and competive but you’re probably just too shit to play them properly, stop making yourself look stupid

When was the last time someone played cbble, fire, strike on cs tournaments? Uuuhm… 450 years ago?

Both fire and strike are still very good maps though compared to TF2 where there are 3 good maps

Last edited by Evil,

julieN1

cQr

+1

Go outside most of the day?

not that part, fuck sakes.

i get home at around 19h, shower, dinner, ready to play at 20h and it’s the same old shit, from sunday to thursday. it gets boring after a year and a half of doing the same.at least i do have a social life though : )

mb

keso

From what I’ve seen is the people who are serious about the whole “TF2 is dead” thing are mostly people who play in the higher divisions. The people who created a new way of playing the game that later on became standard.

Come on people, be creative! You’ve done it before, it can be done again. The situation only becomes what you make out of it. The game won’t live on if everone thinks that it’s dead.

miikka

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

someone said that quake has many good maps but instead it has only rs_zz1, well6, genders, blitzkrieg and ofc xpress3. so 5maps 8(

I like dm2 too

Jh

Hey dats!

dying

not dieing. dumb fuckzzz

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »