Forum

Mousepad for the Razer Deathadder

Created 19th September 2009 @ 18:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Sad

My Deathadder just broke, so I need a new mouse. Is there anyone here that went from the Deathadder to the Mamba? Because to me the Mamba looks like a improved Deathadder. So my question is shall I get a Mamba or a Deathadder (you can recommend me a complete other mouse to if you want).

Edit: I have chosen to buy a second deathadder so my new question is: What is a good mousepad for the DA?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

DA

Sad

DA

Quick response:P and why is that?

gryzor

I’ve had two (or was it three) death adders and now the mamba. One thing is that the mamba is quite a bit smaller than the DA. I have pretty large hands which makes the mamba take some time to get used to — and anything but claw-grip out of the question. It used to have problems with tracking anything but white surfaces, but that was fixed in a firmware update — I do recommend the Razer PRO|1 pad though (made for cad-work and is white) if you go with the mamba.

I tried the wireless-mode, it worked — still, I see no reason why to not keep it wired at all times, so if (when) this one breaks I’ll probably buy the DA again.

Sad

I’ve had two (or was it three) death adders and now the mamba. One thing is that the mamba is quite a bit smaller than the DA. I have pretty large hands which makes the mamba take some time to get used to — and anything but claw-grip out of the question. It used to have problems with tracking anything but white surfaces, but that was fixed in a firmware update — I do recommend the Razer PRO|1 pad though (made for cad-work and is white) if you go with the mamba.

I tried the wireless-mode, it worked — still, I see no reason why to not keep it wired at all times, so if (when) this one breaks I’ll probably buy the DA again.

So the mamba is smaller then the deathadder thanks for telling me that because even the deathadder is a bit to small for me. i think ill go for the DA again then.

TroubleGirl

DA here too. I’d buy it for 3rd time if needed.
I use steel pad, QcK heavy.

KOVACS

I’ve had two (or was it three) death adders and now the mamba. One thing is that the mamba is quite a bit smaller than the DA.

Erm, what you on about? They have exactly the same dimensions. Choose each on this list and see for yourself: http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/comparison/

Also according to that, Mamba is not suitable for use with 64-bit versions of XP or Vista although I’m not sure if this is true.

gryzor

It has been working quite fine on Win7 64-bit, hangs every two weeks for no reason (have to pull the chord and re-insert it), but since they do not even support win7 yet that’s not too shabby.

I took a look at the specs, and you are absolutely right! I was amazed to see they got the exact same dimensions. I have both of them here (picture included below with my shitty iPhone cam — sorry for the quality) and the only explanation I have for claiming the mamba is smaller is the “slope” of the “neck” of the mouse. I don’t know if that’s visible on the picture, but the mamba sure FEELS smaller in my hand.

Image: http://bayimg.com/NadppAAcP

SnIx

i`m using deathadder mouse and razer galiathus speed edition mouse pad and it rocks , i recommend it for you :)

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Steelseries Qck+ is the best mouse pad evor and it’s perfect for the deathadder(low sens)

WalWer

DA + mantis speed, recommended by me

BvD

flowerpower/

DA + QcK Heavy

Anathema

DA + Destructor

Ino

dp.
dp.

QcK+ or QPad UC Xlarge

Iggy-

DA + Golithus speed alpha = best choice, imo.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »