Forum

Gaming Headsets

Created 29th August 2009 @ 23:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

minimoose

Cheap sennheiser headphones + a separate mic

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I had the Medusa 5.1 but the laptop I switched too didn’t have 5.1 outputs so I went mad and got the Sennheiser HD595 headphones and a £5 mic off Amazon.

I would recommend either.
Although you need to be gentle with the Medusa it really is great for games and movies.

Headphones and separate mic definitely a more versatile proposition.
If you listen to a lot of music you won’t regret spending good money on good cans.

David

I had the Medusa 5.1 but the laptop I switched too didn’t have 5.1 outputs so I went mad and got the Sennheiser HD595 headphones and a £5 mic off Amazon.

I would recommend either.
Although you need to be gentle with the Medusa it really is great for games and movies.

Headphones and separate mic definitely a more versatile proposition.
If you listen to a lot of music you won’t regret spending good money on good cans.

Ok with the Medusa is there anything else i would need? Such as a specific soundboard.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

You need 5.1 Surround outputs.

That’ll probably be three 3.5mm size holes in your PC often colour coded coloured green, black and yellow and a pink one for the microphone.
Most motherboards will have this or any soundcard.

Just remember to select 5.1 in control panel and in your game options :)

Skyride

DUCS

Ok with the Medusa is there anything else i would need? Such as a specific soundboard.

Well yes, as long as your motherboard has 5.1 output you should be fine. If it dosen’t, then I think you need to be spending the money upgrading your PC, not on headphones. :P

Headsets for tf2?? LOL come on guys this game isn’t counterstrike!

DominiX

sP.

I think, that he wants to buy a headset not only for TF2, but for some good quality music, listening or watching movies etc. And TF2 also requires some sound knowledge and quality, to actually hear things from a distance :)

You also pay extra for the quality of the headset itself and you know, if you treat it well, it will work fine even after 5 or more years.

dauk

steelseries siberia vooo!

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Headsets for tf2?? LOL come on guys this game isn’t counterstrike!

It isn’t??

Crap, was wondering why I couldn’t find my AK.

Joking aside, a good headset and soundcard give you as much an advantage in TF2 as they would in CSS

bennY

dp.

Steel Sound 5H V2!!!

Very comfy, good sound quality, great mic, reasonable price (around 50 €)

I use the bose on ear headphones (they cost way too much), worth it though. I listen to a good bit of music so I hear the difference. Then the cheapest usb mic I could find.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Get some random mic + a pair of good headphones (AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Beyerdynamics etc, not Bose, Skullcandy and what not).

not Bose, Skullcandy and what not.

Whys :P

xtala

Because Skullcandy is absolute rubbish and Bose is overpriced.

Ijantis

Skullcandy are amazing I dont see why people hate them. Listened to music through them at a friend’s hosue and the quality was amazing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »