Forum

Mouse&MousePad Recommendation

Created 18th August 2009 @ 08:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

If you are worried about the DA, take the DB (same sensor, just needs reg hack to change polling rate).

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

g5+steelseries QCK heavy = win

Carlita

Gn

Kone + Func

U-die

I use it fucking pwnz.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Well firmware would be quite neccerary http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=99&nav=0,11 and here i found the 64-bit one and 1.6 or so sens what u said doesn’t recall anything to me the best way to meassure your mouse sensitivity exactly is through making a 360 degrees turn and then meassure the length you crossed and it’s best you do that with ur mouse now then if you get new mouse u can try and get the exact same sensitivity back QcK+ is 40×45 cm so that’s quite huge and sorry for my english!

NerdZone

I’m using the Razer Deathadder and a goliathus control mat, works for me :)

Cheapest laser mouse I could find and a smooth wooden desk :/. I got a cheap steelseries mousepad with some gay wow thing on it but my mouse doesn’t like it. It wither has some crazy deacceleration or it skips. Works perfectly without it so the mousepad is now on the floor.

David

Saitek Cyborg Mouse, it electronically changes size to your hand. BUT Dont let it get to hot because the rubber on the mousewheel expands and it doesnt scroll. http://www.saitek.com/UK/PROD/cyborgmouse.htm

Qun

GoT<3

DeathAdder + Qck+

Yes, I installed the v1.28 firmware…

SnIx

i`m using deathadder + razer galiathus and it pwnz :)

edit : mine pad is speed edition not control ;))

exm

i`m using deathadder + razer galiathus [control edition] and it pwnz :)

This man speaks true!

Morty

RG

G5 + eXactmat speed = Pure pwnage for high sense.

I use 800 dpi + 5.2 ingame. =)

bennY

dp.

Hi.

Mouse: MX518 (low price, great mouse)

pad: SteelSeries QCK (can really recommend that one)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Ive tried over 20 different mousepads so I guess I can be of help…

In terms of a mousepad its all about what you want for feel. Some people like alot of friction and smooth, some like it more gritty and with less friction.

For a high sense user I suggest a plastic mousepad as it will allow you the smallest movements possible. The SX as kovacs stated is a very very good mousepad also. The SX has low friction, and perfect glide, and lasts longer then most plastic mousepads (by a good 5-6 months imo). So if u use a high sense or even a mid sense… then I suggest this.

If you want to go for a low sense then I suggest a QCK+ as they are cheap and very good. I find they wear very fast though and have to replace mine every 2-3 months. But I’m very fussy :p

A good choice for gamers with a high sense and who want a mousepad that will last for life with absolutely no wear, then get the ICEMAT (steelseries I-2). It’s only 25×20? or something like that. But the glide is very very smooth, it’s got a nice consistent friction and it NEVER wears. Just make sure you don’t drop it like I did to mine.

Plastic pads to recommend:
Steelseries S&S – Bog standard, nice glide. Great tracking, but it wears very fast.
Steelesries SP – A more gritty bumpy texture but argueably less friction then the s&s. Good pad.

Metal:
Steelseries SX
Ulti-mat – Problems with g5 and deathadder sensor however (firmware update may be needed – and its very small (same size as icemat)

Cloth:
QCK+ – easy to get hold of and a solid pad
Puretrak Talent – best cloth mousepad I’ve ever used. Lowest friction on any cloth pad. Incredible accuracy and slightly larger then qck+ – hard to get hold of tho.
Goliathus Speed (Razer) – nice pad – very basic

Hybrid:
Qpad CT – one of the best mousepads made, it’s got a nice size (not too big but on the larger side) and great glide. Comes in many sizes.

Also I will be trying out HeatoNs new mousepad (largest platic mousepad made) as personally I do prefer plastic (due to the accuracy) but I also use a low sense (20cm/180). It’s had good reviews so far.

Also all these mousepads will be put up on my gaming site (reviews):
http://www.eleetgaming.co.uk

Cheers

(GET A DEATHADDER FOR MOUSE – mx518 is good too!)

Iller

tGa

Very nice review Gibbz !

Personally my experience of mousepads is more limited.

The only two “good” mosuepads I have been using is the Icemat and Qpad CT.

The icemat feels a bit different, a bit harder to move the mouse around somehow.
I used it for my Ikari optical and the tracking was perfect.
It didn’t like my new Ikari laser however. The tracking was not very good.

Now I use my Qpad CT with my Ikari laser.
This combination is very good so far. The tracking is perfect and the feeling when you move the mouse is very smooth.
For a mid/high sens gamer like me this is perfect. However, I have heard low sens people complaining a bit about the Ikari laser, even though I haven’t had any problems at all yet myself.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »