Forum

Headset recommendations

Created 31st January 2016 @ 23:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Funs

Need new one. Got some money. What do I get?

hyperx cloud 2

STOGE

TDP

A headset as in paired with a mic? Every one I’ve had in the past has been shit except Hyper X Cloud, and even then – that wasn’t great IMO (mic died after about 6months).

I can highly recommend a good set of headphones and a modmic though, currently using Sennheiser HD428 and a modmic.

Funs

Quoted from STOGE

I can highly recommend a good set of headphones and a modmic though, currently using Sennheiser HD428 and a modmic.

Was thinking about that too. Could be good.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Beyerdynamic DT 770 + modmic

olBaa

If you can get a modmic, get one and whatever pair of headphones you like

potte

hyperx cloud2 or if u want inear cm storm pitch

Sennheiser PC 350

Selek

Dr. med.

As others have said, do not buy a headset. A headphones + microphone combo provides way better quality for a lower price.

Morphine’s suggestion is great (the DT 770 Pro might be even better), I can also recommend a Zalman MIC-1 instead of the Modmic if your soundcard is decent enough.

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Or become a lazy fuck like me and just get an amazon bestseller ;)

I got the Logitech g430 some years ago. Can’t say much about mic quality (I don’t record me to listen to me, sorry, i’m no spy main), but sound quality is fine. I always feel like I hear decloaks in tf2 and steps in csgo better than other people. But maybe it’s because I play with sounds so loud like I’m a deaf 80 year old veteran.

So: I would recommend the g430, but I have absolutely no idea how other headsets or combos compare at all.

skyro

#SaveMelee

HyperX Cloud or normal headphones+modmic. Can vouch for quality of modmic on shitty sound cards, can’t say anything about the zalman. Fact of the matter is, gaming headsets are a huge scam: it’s a well known fact amongst skilled buyers that the sound quality is shit. You might think the mic is good, but no, in most cases it’s also shit. Some newer versions of previously decent headsets(Siberia V2 & V3 for example) even went from good to shit.

I spent 70 euros on the classic Superlux HD668b and Modmic combo and I hear better than anyone with a steelseries headphone.

Add A Reply Pages: 1