Forum

new notebook

Created 14th May 2015 @ 20:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sickless

fnx.simrai

guys, i need your advice. im currently looking to buy a new notebook, the maximum is 1000$. The best possible scenario: full hd, 17.3″, i5-i7 @ min. 2200 mhz, ssd+hdd. any advices?

Maxi

BRIT

macbook/alienware

Most things about that price will have all the specs you want, just depends what badge/bloat you want.

I personally like MSI so MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro. Asus & Lenovo probably have an alternative.

quintosh

wL.

are you completly sure you want to buy a “gaming” notebook?

Bona

PMW

Gaming laptops around that budget aren’t that great atm, it depends what you see as a gaming laptop tho, tf2 will run fine ofc

sickless

fnx.simrai

well, i want a gaming laptop. But still i dont want to buy a shitty one, this is the reason it must be at least i5. The best combo im looking for is i7+geforce 800+.

quintosh

wL.

good that you want a gaming laptop, i was just asking for the purpose? gaming laptops cost 50-100% more than a desktop computer (for equal hardware compared to self-built computers) and the batteries discharge after 2-4 hours, plus you will also run into a lot of cooling issues and stuttering issues

do you hit many lans or something?

Last edited by quintosh,

doks

I`m on HP probook 450 15.6″/IntelCore i5-4200M/8GB/AMD Radeon HD 8750M – 2 GB

This runs TF2 ez pz and goes around 600 euros. Sure it is NOT a gaming pc, but if this is 600 euros, i`m sure for 1000 bucks you can find something way better and with the screen size you specified.

After 1.5 years battery on saving mode still lasts 7-8 hours [browsing] 4-6 [cat videos] and about 2 hours playing some games. No problems with heat unless you plan on playing 10 hours straight. As long as its cleaned often enough it should be fine.

FYI bought this for Autocad and Inventor usage, but so far gaming hasn`t been an issue either.

Last edited by doks,

Setsul

Quoted from Maxi

macbook/alienware

ayyy lmao

Quoted from sickless

i5-i7 @ min. 2200 mhz

Not exactly how it works but ok.

Still, what are you going to use it for? Generally my advice is don’t go portable if you don’t have to and if you have to, only get as much power as you actually need.

Add A Reply Pages: 1