Forum

Google buys Twich.tv for 1 billion $

Created 7th August 2014 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Freddy

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/24/googles-1b-purchase-of-twitch-confirmed-joins-youtube-for-new-video-empire/

how does it feel to know that streamers will now have their streams muted if theyre listening to a copyrighted song in the background? :)

Last edited by Freddy,

Bery

Seizs
LoL

“to view this content, please sign in with your Google+ account”
“to stream you must link your Google+ account, download YouTube twitch client, remove it, merge your account, wait 30 seconds before u can skip this ad”
“and here are some popular channels you might like”
“this twitch channel has been striked for copyright”

Japtor

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/07/twitch-to-monitor-and-mute-vod-content-guilty-of-using-unauthorised-third-party-material/

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Spotify should be okay, i think. But yeah – this sucks.

Freddy

finally fascism is on the rise again. Lead us, oh Google

deathyy

Open't

Quoted from kronis

Spotify should be okay, i think. But yeah – this sucks.

Spotify works on a royalty system. If you listen to a song, the creators, or whoever get a tiny bit of money. If someone plays spotify over stream, it only counts are 1 person listening, when in fact thousands are hearing it.

Quoted from Bery

“to stream you must link your Google+ account, download YouTube twitch client, remove it, merge your account, wait 30 seconds before u can skip this ad”
“and here are some popular channels you might like”
“this twitch channel has been striked for copyright”

[morpheus meme] what if i told you, google doesnt force you to use g+ for youtube anymore?

Last edited by pntn,

unu

Quoted from deathyy

[…]

Spotify works on a royalty system. If you listen to a song, the creators, or whoever get a tiny bit of money. If someone plays spotify over stream, it only counts are 1 person listening, when in fact thousands are hearing it.

Does a program exist where you can disable what audio is getting streamed? Like, say you have mumble, tf2 and spotify playing and you decide to “mute” spotify on the stream, but you still hear it yourself. Otherwise a program like that is gonna pop up soon.

deathyy

Open't

Quoted from unu

[…]

Does a program exist where you can disable what audio is getting streamed? Like, say you have mumble, tf2 and spotify playing and you decide to “mute” spotify on the stream, but you still hear it yourself. Otherwise a program like that is gonna pop up soon.

I’m sure there is a way to configure it. I do know of a way it could be done. But it’s only theory. If you want me to test it, I can.

Angel

Quoted from Bery

:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTq8TrA3hb4

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from unu

[…]

nope, you can make it that the viewers hear it but you dont, but vice versa its not possible afaik

Last edited by rytis,

adysky

Quoted from unu

[…]

It is possible with VAC (virtual audio cable). I personaly have never tried it but i am 100% sure it works.

EDIT: found quick tutorial

Set up a virtual line 1 (should have one by default with normal
VAC install).
Set up a virtual cable that goes from Line 1 to Speakers so
that speakers hear what is coming into Line 1.
Set Line 1 as your default playback device.
Set music to use Speakers as your default output device.

Last edited by adysky,

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

… google and facebook taking over.
wondering when google buys facebook or facebook buys fucking google.
lets make a videogame about it

Last edited by nevier,

4star

MONSOON
GvG

Emmett Shear, ceo of twitch, made a question and answers thing with the reddit community. For those interested:

http://fr.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cwfu2/i_am_twitch_ceo_emmett_shear_ask_me_almost/

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

would love using another site, heared something bout hitbox & ustream.

etf2l/ team fortress tv would have to make the first step though i guess

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »