Forum

Runescape enthusiast megathread v1.78

Created 2nd August 2014 @ 00:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

Quoted from Shellfish Clive

[…]

Didn’t you notice it was a joke because it’s like Falador in here with all the white knights. Runescape jokes.

Sick reference, Clive.

Your references are out of control, everyone knows that.

Shellfish Clive

8D

Quoted from spudd

[…]

Sick reference, Clive.

Your references are out of control, everyone knows that.

I’m just trying to keep it real. Kaidus taught me that, ever since I was a boy.

Quoted from Popcorp

-i thought this thread will explode-

Oh boy

jay

Synergy™

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

No need to listen to these feens m’lady. If you feel harassed just because you’re just showing off your natural beauty don’t ever hesitate to pm me :)

*Tips fedora*

Shellfish Clive

8D

Guys did anyone else get my Runescape reference? I worked pretty hard on it and I would like some feedback so if you can just leave a comment that would be nice. Spudd did a wonderful job of leaving a really nice comment on it, but he was the only one. I had a guy on Steam that messaged saying that it was a sick reference, I know there are more Runescape players on here and you are shy about the fact that you played it that’s fine I understand that but you really shouldn’t be. I played it when I was 11 – 14 so it took up like 3 years of my life and I have very little regret. I’m not shy, or embarrassed, or nervous, or shy about it.

I remember this one time I was cutting Yew trees outside the church in Seers Villages and this guy was AFK and his axe head fell off and I picked it up when it spawned for me, and I told him I had it and he said “I will give you 5k for it” I said “No I want 5.5k” we bartered for a while and we came an agreement of 5.3k which I thought was a pretty good deal for me, this is when my money making schemes came into play and this was the start of my richness. I’d go around selling axe heads that people left on the floor when they went AFK. I started making roughly 5k each time every 1 – 2 months, this was the best money making scheme I thought of. Obviously I was cutting logs at the same time so I was getting bare G’s from that, so in total I was making some sick cash but that’s just one of my many stories about Runescape and I so many more that I would like to share with you but if none of you get my references then there is no point.

So if you do get at least one of my references just a leave a comment here because I would really like some feedback and a conversation with someone who also played the game that I liked playing when I was 11 – 14 years of old.

Cheers,
Clive.

Add me on Steam if you would like any Rune Axe heads.

rytis

PrettyGay

Hey Clive,
I’ve seen your reference, it was quite on point and I got quite a giggle out of it. I hope we’ll see more of those – it would lighten up the mood in these forums.
Anyways I also played a lot of runescape during the age of 11-14, It was an amazing game for its time.
I remember I had a clan, I think we were like top 5 in Lithuania (we were really sick PK’ers (thats Player Killers for those who didnt play runescape)), we were hunting down people in the wilderness and we had a lot of fun. Though I remember this one time we got beat up in the wilderness, and I lost my Full Rune set and I was pretty bummed about it and I couldn’t afford a new one, because I was a f2p player for the majority of my runescape career, so I had to say goodbye to my friends.
Then I started discovering money making ways – I went fishing on Karamja xD. Was tough times though – you had to pay a lot of money to get onto the island, so I was risking a lot of money by doing this. So this one time I went fishing there and I went AFK (I think I went to eat) and you remember that one random event where some guy spawns and you have to defeat him? So yeah I was AFK and I died to him, so I lost all my money. That was a really sad day for me and that ended my runescape career at that point, because after losing so much money I just gave up.
I think we all should gather up in mumble and have a nostalgia trip and play runescape together.
Cheers,
Rytis.

Popcorp

Hello dear Clive and Rytis the Runescape_enthusiasts
I’ve seen your reference, it was quite on point and I got quite a giggle out of it. I hope we’ll see more of those – it would lighten up the mood in these forums.
I have also played a lot of Runescape, i wasn’t a hardcore PKer like you Rytis, i was mostly leveling up and doing Quests and Treasure hunts. I spent all my 2010 (i think) summer leveling up Woodcutting on Ivy outside of a Falador, i got like 100+ Bird nests and i made a lot of money and also found a lot of Rings/Seeds.
Days were spent on training Range on Black dragons, every day i was training, non stop, until some level 120+ faggots started to steal all my dragons, i had to Right click and press Attack, while those level 120+ fags had to click once, so i had no chance against them and i went under Heroes Guild, there was 1 single Blue dragon, no people at all, closer to bank, easier to farm. Life was good…
But one day, Dungeoneering came, that’s when the things started to get Salty, Runescape went downhill, it started to become slowly but steadily a WoW v2.0, so i started to play RS less, until i finally quit it, a year passed and i realised that i still was Subscribed to Membership, i forgot to Cancel monthly Membership, so my mom lost quite a decent amount of money, good thing she didn’t know anything, so i was save from any trouble.
I still kept coming back to RS just for those Holiday events, for Special items and Emotes, but after Evolution of Combat came, i stopped completely, RS became WoW 3.0 and then i lost interest in RS, i stopped coming back for Holiday events, everything just died, but then Jagex introduced an Old RS servers, with regular updates, as soon as i read “Only available to Members”, i closed my browser and deleted Cookies.
Jagex fell so low, i couldn’t believe my eyes, 200k+ players used to play this game, now RS barely gets 50k active players, GG.WP #NeverForget
Cheers,
Popcorp

Last edited by Popcorp,

san alex

Hello dear Clive and Rytis and Popcorn the Runescape_enthusiasts
Once upon a time there was a new player on tutorial island, doing his thing.
T’was a noob of epic proportions if I do say so myself!
I went about my business, I mainly mined in varrock then ran to smith it in lumbrigde.. Good times! T’was all fun and games.
T’was nearly 6 n a half years ago.. (Not on this account, mind you). I enjoyed the game greatly. A while goes by, I get some friends ingame
We PK, have a grand time. I get my first online girlfriend (HAH!!) Again, I was about 14 at the time. Fastforward a few years and there are bots rampant,
but not as it is now. We’ll leave that for later though. There was a lot of people who were angry and irritated when jagex decided to take out Free Trading and the wildy..
Including me! Alas, no matter what we did, it was meant to be..
I think that Jagex really did that to (in the long run) benefit the players even though they knew that people would get angry and leave. A lot of them would.
So they did! And for a time, all was well. Most players adjusted. Including me. I came to enjoy the new RuneScape.. Though the fact
That people could manipulate the entire economy as they so chose kind of.. Irritated me. (Thank you grand exchange!) Though it was necessary as well I suppose.
So, let us fast forward again! New updates, all that good stuff.. No new real content.. And for a time.. All was boring..
Though once again, we fast forward!
Cheers,
San Alex

Team mate

pHy

Hello dear Clive and Rytis and Popcorn and san alex the Runescape_enthusiasts
My first membership experience was as follows:
I logged in in the Stronghold of Security, at the Minotaurs. I walked north, and left the Stronghold. I again walked north, and entered Edgeville Dungeon. I talked to Vannaka, with whom I had not spoken to in 349 days. I took the Enchanted Gem he offered, with my amazing new Crocodile Slayer task.
I ignored that for now. I went to Edgeville, where I met up with Eddiefuse47. He said, “wanna fight in wild”
I said “nah you can’t do that anymore, they did some update where you can’t pk now”. If you do the maths, ladies and gentlemen, 349 days after the 26th of December, 2006, was the 10th of December, 2007, the day that we pay to pk.
We marched into the Wilderness nonetheless, with only 3 items of course. I wanted to check out the members portion of the Wild, anyway. We were walking together and all of a sudden, he dissapeared at the Dark Warriors Fortress, saying he got killed by “some level 105 mage thing”. That was his first encounter with a Revenant Ork, but we didn’t know it at the time.
I kept walking, and crossed to level 49 Wilderness. I walked passed the Rogues Castle, and I saw the Chaos Elemental in the distance. I”m lucky it didn’t see me, as i’d of had no chance. I slowly edged around, and managed to avoid it completely. I made my way to the Deserted Keep lever, pulled it, and I was in Ardougne.
And then I got off, cause it was Bed time.
Cheers,
Team Mate

pls :^)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

God dammit Clive FailFish

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Hello dear Clive and Rytis and Popcorn and san alex and Team mate the Runescape_enthusiasts
I remember when I first started playing (under the alias of lukefluke5) my mum had a dial-up connection so it cost a lot of money to use the internet. I was only allowed to play 1 hour a day tops and asking her for membership was definitely out of the question. I mainly spent my days making trips between the bank and the coalmine in falador before school, steadily increasing my mining skill. Once I got a bit more experienced I was wise to all the scammers tricks and would report them to the Jagexpolice. They would tell me to drop all my items and press alt+f4 and I would promptly log out and snitch on them. Then I realised I was being a little bitch and quit the game.
Cheers,
Starkie

Last edited by Starkie,

Shellfish Clive

8D

Quoted from Starkie

Hello dear Clive and Rytis and Popcorn and san alex and Team mate the Runescape_enthusiasts
I remember when I first started playing (under the alias of lukefluke5) my mum had a dial-up connection so it cost a lot of money to use the internet. I was only allowed to play 1 hour a day tops and asking her for membership was definitely out of the question. I mainly spent my days making trips between the bank and the coalmine in falador before school, steadily increasing my mining skill. Once I got a bit more experienced I was wise to all the scammers tricks and would report them to the Jagexpolice. They would tell me to drop all my items and press alt+f4 and I would promptly log out and snitch on them. Then I realised I was being a little bitch and quit the game.
Cheers,
Starkie

Hey LukeFluke, I’m sorry to make this brief but I think I remember one time I was playing on World 77 which was a popular trading world at the time, Varrock and Seers (As in Seers Village) was jammed packed with traders. This may seem like a coincidence (probably because it is) but I remember a guy wearing: Rune Medium Helm (Rune med helm for short), Rune Platebody, Rune Legs, Dragon boots and a 2 Handed Rune Sword in Varrock bank and he was spamming: :wave1:flash2:Selling Law Runes 300gp each!!!! Trade LukeFluke5!!!! I actually saw you, I remember it vividly because of all the flashing colours and the waving text. I didn’t trade you but boy I wish I did. This actually fits really well with my other story, I was farming Hellhounds with a dragon halberd (It could hit them without them hitting me) and they dropped a Level 3 Clue scroll (Hard) I was super excited and I left instantly and attempted this, it took me 3 hours to do so as I had to do a quest but at the end of it I got a Robin Hood Hat. This made me so fucking rich. I logged out went straight onto world 77 and spammed in Seers (As in Seers Village) that I was selling it, a got a trade request after about 30 seconds, I was so pumped. The trader was a guy name “DonRon7” it was so close to your name that it reminded of you. (Cause it Rhymes, Don and Ron), he offered me 3mil (3 Million Gold Pieces) and I was like, Oh yes please. I did the trade with him, got the money everything was so smooth, I bought the max amount of Yew logs, Bowstrings and Nature Runes. I made Yew longbows and High Alchd them (High Alchemy) I was well on my way to being a rich Runescape player once again.

If you are out there DonRon7, You are the greatest.

Cheers,
Clive.

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

hey guys if you type your password out it looks like this ******* try it!!

Popcorp

worked, thanks//

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »