Forum

Need people good at maths !

Created 5th November 2013 @ 15:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Enders Flame

Quoted from Genmix

[…]

It can be used as an economical evaluation tool for the European economical space, even though it is a lagging indicator.

It would be a statistic with little meaning, it would represent very few specific countries in the zone, as emb mentions above. Some of the countries are so different you cannot pretend they are a single economic union with a single economic statistic!

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from Enders Flame

[…]

It would be a statistic with little meaning, it would represent very few specific countries in the zone, as emb mentions above. Some of the countries are so different you cannot pretend they are a single economic union with a single economic statistic!

“The unemployment rate is an important indicator with both social and economic dimensions. Rising unemployment results in a loss of income for individuals, increased pressure with respect to government spending on social benefits and a reduction in tax revenue. From an economic perspective, unemployment may be viewed as unused labour capacity.”

But I guess this is indeed more useful on a national level as opposed to international :)

Last edited by Genmix,

Enders Flame

Lol yes I understand it can be used a proxy for economic activity.

Edit: All that stuff u said might be reasons why he’s looking at this stat in the first place! Going back to my A-level economics way back I remember it was said high unemployment might also lead to depression of the unemployed and, at worst, revolution!

Last edited by Enders Flame,

You are forgetting one important thing – EU has 28 members, with Croatia being the last one – not 27.

Hat

yo op i’ll save you some time, the answer is 21

vani

Bully

it must suck living in greece

EU should ask Switzerland for some mentoring :D

clip

ist doof

surprised that setsul hasnt written anything yet

Setsul

Quoted from clip

surprised that setsul hasnt written anything yet

I thought i was really tolerant and could handle different and even wrong views about mathematics.
Seems like I was wrong and have to join Schmuse on this one.
I stopped reading on the second page because I couldn’t handle it anymore.

Last edited by Setsul,

baimezan

[N☼J]

Quoted from Hat

yo op i’ll save you some time, the answer is 69

Last edited by baimezan,

CHERRY

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

EU should ask Switzerland for some mentoring :D

1. Let some radical political party put money in your banks.
2. Wait for them to come to power and start war.
3. Wait for other countries to win war against them.
4. ???
5. You’ve got lots of abandoned money in your banks :D

Last edited by CHERRY,

Tafka

well,if you want to show unployment rate in Europe you need to calculate :
1.SUM of all working aged ppl in Europe
2. SUM of all unemployed ppl in Europe

divide 2. / 1. * 100 = unemployment in Europe

CHERRY

1. Add all EU members population.
2. Add all EU members unemployed people (population * unemployment rate)
3. Divide #2 by #1 and multiply it by 100%

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

1. Let some radical political party put money in your banks.
2. Wait for them to come to power and start war.
3. Wait for other countries to win war against them.
4. ???
5. You’ve got lots of abandoned money in your banks :D

> Nazis put money on Swiss banks.
> We Swiss wait for them to lose the war (implying we knew that’s gonna happen).
> Abandoned money gives 7 million people high level standards since 70 years.

About the banks: banks have to show their assets and liabilities. Doubt they have mountains of gold hidden in some top secret cave.

Now I wonder: Did you learn that at school or should you stop watching that amateur history channel? :D

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

[…]

> Nazis put money on Swiss banks.
> We Swiss wait for them to lose the war (implying we knew that’s gonna happen).
> Abandoned money gives 7 million people high level standards since 70 years.

About the banks: banks have to show their assets and liabilities. Doubt they have mountains of gold hidden in some top secret cave.

Now I wonder: Did you learn that at school or should you stop watching that amateur history channel? :D

Where did all the maths go? :(

On a related note tho. The Nazis didnt simply put money in swiss banks. The Swiss National Bank actively bought gold from the Nazis and didnt really care if it was stolen or not. At some point they’ve been the only one buying gold from the Nazis at all and proceeded to do so until April 1945. So is the Swiss wealth based on stolen gold? Not pointing fingers, just saying. :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »