Forum

Notebook/Laptop for Uni

Created 3rd August 2013 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I am going to Uni in Oct and need something to take notes on, since I can’t read my own handwriting after three days. Doesn’t need a be a top end laptop since I am taking my Desktop with me, but it wouldn’t be the worst thing if it could run indie games.

Are there any suggestions?

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Depends on your budget and secondary wishes. You could pay 50 EU for a 2nd hands laptop with integrated graphics, but if you actually expect a good battery life, you might have to buy an extra battery (or even buy a brand new).

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I got a fair amount to money to spend and since I am going to be on this laptop/notebook for three years and be using it almost every day, I want one that will last.

FIR

SnG

Currently on an Acer 5755G.

Would run indie games excellently, TF2 decently (you’d probably have to tweak it a bit), and suprisingly runs my BF3 on medium with AA and that HD bloom thing off, been with me for 2 years and still going strong. Only thing is you probably would have to get a cooler for it since it gets pretty hot after long periods of gaming (currently using http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6635, keeps it quite cool and the 4 extra usb slots is amazing).

Not sure about the price (or even if its still being produced) but something similar will suit your needs.

rtan

-9w-

XMG A502

Muerte

elev8

Since you’re in the UK, I’ll sell you my MSI GX660R for £550 if you’re interested.
Not sure if you can see this page – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281142498703?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649
Click on ‘See Full Listing’ to see the rest of the images.
It’s far from the most portable of laptops, but is powerful enough that’s for sure.

svins

alus
P.O.P

It doesnt matter where you bring your laptop to uni or other bs

You want to get at least 17″ computer with a decent graphics chip. Thats it.

Waebi

‹Con›

screw 17″, way too big and often loud for classroom use, and since he has a desktop close by that much power is probably not needed. 15 is fine, got myself a Thinkpad through a uni program that sells them cheaper, look into something like that, worth it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1