Forum

New mouse + mat advice

Created 25th June 2013 @ 14:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Vali

-9w-

So looking to get a new mouse and mousemat and figured this would be a good place to get some informed opinions on what’s good and works well together. Atm I’m using a shitty wireless laser mouse and one of those freebie cheap plastic mousemats (probably 10″ or so across) – pretty much anything decent would be an upgrade. I don’t have any deformities/abnormal proportions so I’m not looking for anything too special and ~15″ is probably going to be the max size of mat I could get with my current desk space, although 10″ is plenty fine for my current sens. Budget isn’t an issue but “good and cheap” is better than “amazing and wallet-breaking”.

Thanks in advance guys.

alba

duplo

logitech g400 + razer goliathus speed

Last edited by alba,

Serotone

#FreePat

G400 and QCK. About £30 from amazon.

kasabubu

the mat should definitly be razer goliathus speed
about the mice – g400/zowie AM(ec eVo 1 if big handed)/razer DA 2013

MARIANO

I recommend my classic set:

Mouse: Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a 400 DPI

This mouse is the true legend. One of the best sensors ever made (X802382)

Mat: SteelSeries QCK

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from Serotone

Pretty good.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Serotone

recommended – using same set aswell

george

Quoted from alba

logitech g400 + razer goliathus speed

This + some high quality ptfe teflon glides.

http://goo.gl/10nB5

Last edited by george,

frixx

LG

using deathadder black edition and acme gaming mat. recommend it

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]
recommended – using same set aswell

clip

ist doof

deathadder 2013 / zowie am + razer goliathus speed (exists in s, m, alpha xl + desk xl)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Zowie FK with a Zowie G-TF Speed is the best I’ve used. Beats the Talent. Don’t get a Qck unless you like buying a new pad every 3 months. G400 with a Razer Goli is also a good option, haven’t used that pad myself but I’ve used the G400. The performance is pretty darn good, but it’s just the shape putting me off.

Basically get:
Deathadder, Zowie FK or G400

Combine with:
Talent, Goli speed or G-TF Speed

Last edited by Koeitje,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Koeitje

Don’t get a Qck unless you like buying a new pad every 3 months.

What is it about the Qck that makes it so bad after a short amount of time? My gf has had hers for over a year and it still seems fine, so is that “requirement” based on being very sensitive to any kind of wear and tear (or caused by profuse sweating :D)?

Atm looks like I’ll be buying the g400 + either the Qck or the goliathus speed.

IPZIE

SUAVE

There is absolutely no reason to say that QcKs have to get replaced faster than other mousemats. I am using my current one for about 6month and with some cleaning here and there its almost like new. Koetje is just sleeping at his PC thats why it prolly looks like a kitchen towel

edit: vox din tosk!

Last edited by IPZIE,

FADe

G400 + Talent (around £15 @ http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/297258/PURETRAK-Talent-Cloth-Gaming-Mousepad-%28M)

Best combo I’ve come across. Tried a QcK+ mat a couple of years ago and thought it performed really badly with my mx518, skipped alot and the slide/friction felt sucky – switched to an Everglide Titan Monster Mat and thought it was better than women. Got coaxed into trying a pTrak Talent and it was even better.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »