ciortai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yv6QArYoHik#t=5s

Quoted from emb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yv6QArYoHik#t=5s

Damn.

Last edited by nahka,

quell

UbeR |

Just finished it. Felt a bit like a chore near the end, but only cause the game got way more FPS than atmosphery. Finished on medium and had a tough time!

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Doing another play through, highly recommend doing a run on 1999 mode if you have already completed it, the game is actually better on the second time round.

Here’s a 4 hour VOD of me playing 1999: http://www.twitch.tv/warhuryeah/b/383816713

There is a few gaps of black screen, just skip, and I talk later in the VOD.

Where do you choose that 1999 mode?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

You can choose 1999 mode after finishing the game on any difficulty, by entering the konami code on the start screen or by editing a INI file.

Also….this game is absolutely amazing. I’ve never enjoyed the original Bioshock but Infinite is just excellent. I don’t think I felt this way about a video game since Half Life, and really, this plays/feels/looks/sounds so much better.
Normally I don’t play a video game twice, and certainly not straight away, but I’m looking forward to finishing Infinite for the second time already.

Last edited by Arie,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Clark

[…]
Where do you choose that 1999 mode?

As Arie said put in the Konami code to unlock it or complete the game on any difficulty, if I’m honest 1999 isn’t that hard. I did it and got the scavenger achievement (No use of dollar bill machines) and found it rather easy.

AnimaL

Well, took my time to finish it on hard, but finally did it. The ending is just pure mindfuck.. I probably wont replay it, because the fighting mechanics still sucked, even more than in bioshock 1 and 2. But i will definitely find someone on yt to watch so i could get my head around the game.

The ending requires you to pretty much either replay or rewatch the game to understand it fully.

One more thing, if you havnt played it – try listening to all voxaphones, without listening to them allmost nothing will make sense, because main cinematics dont seem to cover/explain the complex story enough. In fact some major parts of story are only explained via voxaphones so ignoring them will make it really confusing.

Last edited by AnimaL,

The ending isn’t that confusing if you think laterally. Because I enjoyed particular sections of the game so much I would reset after completing them to play it again :)

The part after the credits would literally be the best jumpscare ever. I would wet myself.

DraQu

http://crypticsea.com/twined/bioshoot.html#

arc

iSlam

I’m having fun with it but it seems to be getting a bit repetitive. The story seems intresting though, still haven’t finished it.

droso

o/

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

As Arie said put in the Konami code to unlock it or complete the game on any difficulty, if I’m honest 1999 isn’t that hard. I did it and got the scavenger achievement (No use of dollar bill machines) and found it rather easy.

Just finished the game on hard difficulty and i found it pretty easy. Only died once when I got surprised by an Handyman.

I was considering starting a new game on 1999 but if that’s barely more challenging, I don’t think I will bother.
So can you tell me if it’s worth it? :p

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

I don’t generally get very excited about games, I know the game has a lot of flaws and I get how some people might see it as repetitive, but HOLY FUCKING GOD DAMN THAT WAS THE GREATEST.

Without a doubt my favourite singleplayer experience ever.

Last edited by Daleth,

kaidus

WiK?

I found the FPS game-play an irritating interruption to an otherwise amazing game. I feel like replaying it, but my question is this: Does 1999 mode make the FPS aspect more satisfying, or am I better off sticking it on easy so I can plough through the fights as quickly as possible.

Xearo

GTD

Quoted from kaidus

I found the FPS game-play an irritating interruption to an otherwise amazing game. I feel like replaying it, but my question is this: Does 1999 mode make the FPS aspect more satisfying, or am I better off sticking it on easy so I can plough through the fights as quickly as possible.

I know what you mean there. There were quite a few times I got into a fight with some of the slower-to-die enemies and just rolled my eyes because I wanted to proceed with the story rather than sit there getting my fun fly-by attacks ruined by a handyman shocking the sky-rails. I’ve seen a few people play it through on normal difficulty and it looks easy enough that downgrading to that would retain some of the satisfaction of the hard mode fights without being as difficult as reading a pop-up book and keeping the flow of the story quite quick.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from kaidus

1999 mode gives enemies more health and damage. Oh, and dying costs more money, and restores the health of all enemies. That’s about it.

It’s worth noting that most enemies people perceive as “bullet sponges” actually have weaknesses that make their fights a cakewalk. You just need to figure those out.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4