Forum

cs:go

Created 31st August 2012 @ 12:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Orchid

|=3

why is nobody talking about it? How good/bad is it?

Henghast

open
bobs

It’s CS. It’s the same formula, the play feels smoother and more fluid than CSS and I enjoy it a whole lot more. For the most part it’s just a reskin though with a few tweaks.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I played in a 1 night cup last night and really enjoyed it, streamed it as well if anyone is interested. Its a bit laggy think I had my bitrate a bit high and it was dropping frames.

http://www.twitch.tv/boneyard14/b/330567782

Orchid

|=3

How about the requirements? As far as I know its just a tweaked up source engine game, so its the same amount of requirements as l4d2 and such?
Im just not sure if Its worth the money. Sure, 10 euros isnt a lot, but still, if its nothing worth investing the money and the time, i dont see the point. I buy games if they seem fun.
Ill watch the stream recording, because I would like to see the competitive side of the game. I played a lot of competitive cs 1.6 but never really took of in source, idk why I just didnt like source, felt too laggy, the movement too twitchy, like i was floating.

Last edited by Orchid,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The colours are a bit bland though, I die so many times just because I couldn’t differentiate between the slightly less gray uniforms my enemies wear and the walls they are in front of. And since there are no actual console commands to make a fps config I’m fucked :D.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from Koeitje

The colors are a bit bland though, I die so many times just because I couldn’t differentiate between the slightly less gray uniforms my enemies wear and the walls they are in front of.

arent there any colored models available yet?

FIR

SnG

playing arms race is pretty awesome, fuck planting bombs, i keeel peeple :DDDD

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I just threw in Chris’ Fps config which worked fine, plus added in some net settings i got from a mate and tweaked a few things here and there.

To me the game feels nice, hit reg seems right but I understand what your saying about greyness of it all. Hopefully this will be modifiable with configs.

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from BoneS

I just threw in Chris’ Fps config which worked fine, plus added in some net settings i got from a mate and tweaked a few things here and there.

To me the game feels nice, hit reg seems right but I understand what your saying about greyness of it all. Hopefully this will be modifiable with configs.

Is the hitreg and the whole feel of the gun when shooting just like css? I really disliked it when switching up from 1.6

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

yeh its deffo more CSS than CS1.6

Its well worth a tenner though, and slowly over time as they fix stuff will become very popular I predict.

Infact last nights patch fixed footstep sounds which could be heard from miles away and they added some funky spec stuff (x-ray vision) for casting and spectating.

Last edited by BoneS,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Adding the gungame (Arms Race) as an official mode is awesome.

+ assists too, pretty cool

I also really like the dynamic cash rewards depending on guns.

On the contrary, they’ve killed the scout for me :( Not sure how much i’ll play it, will probably get into it a bit more later on, just have to get used to it a bit first – the sounds and differentiating between models.

Henghast

open
bobs

the scout is great, just click heads! It’s also less cheap than awping about bonus for being actually cheaper as it’s a shittier version =[

Last edited by Henghast,

BlinkBoy

GFM

Quoted from BoneS

Could you post the net settings pls.

AnAkkk

Quoted from BlinkBoy

[…]
Could you post the net settings pls.

cl_updaterate 128
cl_cmdrate 128
rate 1048576
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0.0078125

I have noticed that cl_interp seem to be automatically modified based on cl_interp_ratio & cl_updaterate though, unlike on TF2. I have it set to a much higher value (probably default) and I still see it being set to cl_interp_ratio/cl_updaterate in net_graph.

AnimaL

is 128 max? cuz ive seen some crappy servers showing over 128 tick, it was like 150 or some crazy thing like that

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »