Forum

Any skateboarders here?

Created 9th June 2012 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

torden

broder
syster

Just to clarify, I’m not looking for ideas on what kind of transportation to get – I’m definitely getting a board.

Longboards are interesting as long as they’re short enough to fit in a suitcase.

llbr

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

im glad you got that hint :)

I feel stupid now :(

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

well u prolly cant get a longboard in a suitcase^^ and they are fucking expensive 150 euros -> infinity

if u jsut wanna roll and dont care about performance just buy a skateboard for 30 euros u will have gay axles, axel bearings and wheels but aslong u just wanna roll that shouldnt be a problem

if u want a some kinda good skateboard you have to pay atleast about 80-120 euros

Last edited by smziii,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Putting either a skateboard or a longboard in a suitcase seems kind of a waste of suitcase space considering the form factor :D

Building a longboard yourself shouldn’t be too hard and depending on what you’re prepared to do yourself (even making a deck just requires some free time on your hands, and a handful of equipment – the building materials plus clamps, sawing equipment etc.). There are countless good guides on the internet on how to do it. The advantages are price and choosing your own style of board, and making it as small as you want, eventually turning it into a “regular” skateboard :D. The bigger wheelbase of a longboard makes it easier for traversing though.

If you build it from the ground up and make the deck yourself, you can save a lot of money to spend on quality trucks, bearings and wheels which will make your roll to work much more enjoyable. You can also try to find a 2nd hand deck in good state and put the other stuff on yourself, or find a complete board 2nd hand, as long as it rolls nicely.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2