2bad the engine sucks ballsack

arma 3 looks sick tho

Quoted from kuma

[…]

arma 3 looks sick tho

Rocket has refused to make DayZ for it :3

Skyride

DUCS

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/

Wow what the fuck. Compare this to TF2 where getting a dedicated server is a case of downloading a 2MB downloader tool, waiting 15-20mins for it to do its thing, then writing your server.cfg.

You’d think they were dealing heroin on the side or something.

Last edited by Skyride,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Does the ‘z’ in DAYZ have anything to do with nazi? That list of do’s and don’t’s is ridiculous.

‘No kicking for friends or clan mates’

What’s the point of having your own server if that’s the case?

Weird.

Also, I love how they’ve put ‘friends’ in inverted commas…what’s that about? ONLINE PEOPLE ARE NOT PROPER FRIENDS KIDS, REMEMBER THAT!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

A lot of the server side stuff has been relaxed now, its an alpha game that needs to be tested and therefore needs servers so i think thats why they wanted them to be non passworded and not kicking people for friends so as many people as possible can play. At the start i think they wanted access to RDP to every server on the main list as well :].

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kuma

[…]

arma 3 looks sick tho

Should make a BF3 dayz mod, I bet it wont even run worse.

captain bubblebeard

Quoted from Monkeh

Does the ‘z’ in DAYZ have anything to do with nazi? That list of do’s and don’t’s is ridiculous.

Weird.

Also, I love how they’ve put ‘friends’ in inverted commas…what’s that about? ONLINE PEOPLE ARE NOT PROPER FRIENDS KIDS, REMEMBER THAT!

Being kicked from a server in DayZ has much larger consequences than a game of public TF2. It’s a persistent world where people play for survival, gear and vehicles. Random kicks and disconnects can set your character back a few hours because it fails to save your location/loadout.

It would also give clans and server owners an excuse to kick players causing them problems, such as killing them or finding their encampment. Admin abuse such as this happens already..

Last edited by captain bubblebeard,

Extremer

Quoted from Monkeh

Weird.

Just no.

Monkeh

Cheers for explaining things Bubblebeard, it makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks for posting Extremer….that was…ermm…really…ahem…helpful? Well done.

Last edited by Monkeh,

captain bubblebeard

In other news I came across my first hacker yesterday.

A few weeks ago we had a nice little camp in the north: http://hawnutor.org/image/wShEM4h.png

A few days after this was taken I logged on to find a group had found it and were going through our supplies. I took out a 3-4 before getting sniped. My friend logged on later in the day and found all the vehicles destroyed or missing and 2 crashed hueys in the middle of where our camp was: http://hawnutor.org/image/EHE3SEy.png

Bear in mind that in many weeks of playing on this server we’d never even seen a helicopter and had assumed they don’t spawn.

Fast forward to yesterday and we’re on the same server. We move up to the location of our old camp and to our surprise find the V3S truck in the exact same location we had left it when the camp got raided. Its missing all 6 wheels and its engine is damaged, but its full of the same high-tier weapons we had stored in it. We all hop in our GAZ and head to Berezino in search of car parts. En route my friend goes full derpknight mode and crashes into a roadblock, knocking off the frontleft tire and making the car undriveable. Given we have 1 spare tire in the truck at the camp we send him back, whilst me and Danzeru stay to guard the car.

So I’m holed up in some shack in Olsha, Dan slightly up the hill from me. Suddenly everything goes pitch black, as if someone had flipped a lightswitch. I can’t see shit, it starts raining, there’s a loud thundercrack. The lights come back on a few seconds later.

I hear gunshots on the hill behind me and Dan starts screaming in mumble. He’s unloading his M249 onto a player who spawned on top of him. “Danzeru was killed” comes up in chat. Crouching, I edge out my shack with a PDW in hand (the AS-50 is dogshite in close quarters) to find a player standing 5 metres to my left. I unload a whole clip into him, 30 rounds and he’s still standing there. He salutes, walks up my head, and fires a single round in to my skull.

Thoroughly weirded out by this experience we decide to never join this server again. If anyone wants a shot at the vehicles we left behind this all happened on LU70. The coords of our camp are in the second screen shot and the GAZ was left in the middle of Olsha. There’s a few other vehicles littered around the area, most in need of repairs and some with high-tier weapons in them. gl

hoppi

TIDS

LU 215 on the schoolroof in Elektro are 3 dead bodies to loot. I shot them and died in the fight but I won’t go back there for now.

We found bus, and pickup in wilderness :D Any idea when official etf2l server is going to start? ^^

Sketch

MM

Quoted from hoppi

LU 215 on the schoolroof in Elektro are 3 dead bodies to loot. I shot them and died in the fight but I won’t go back there for now.

such a baiter! blatantly sniping :D

Sketch

MM

i dont understand how anyone gets kills, everyone i meet just alt+f4 the second we see them. / shoot them

Last edited by Sketch,

Quoted from Sketch

i dont understand how anyone gets kills, everyone i meet just alt+f4 the second we see them. / shoot them

Most guns are one shot kills after a while so they shouldnt have time

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 25 Next »