Forum

DOTA2 *nerdgasm*

Created 14th August 2011 @ 14:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from choiie

[…]

Is this really a bad thing? Took a few minutes for me to figure out Lina’s attack speed, but once I got the hang of it I dominated mid :)

Only problem I’ve found is there’s ZERO communication going on, in the three games I’ve played it’s only been me speaking.. hopefully it’s gonna get better soon though :)

It really is a bad thing though in my eyes atleast. Everything in Dota is pretty much slower then HoN; cast times and latency delay included. Even pucks bubble is much slower. While you could argue this adds something to the game such as skill in prediction (when it comes to cast times atleast), it also takes alot away, making it easier to dodge and react. In my eyes the slower pace of the game just takes away so much and makes it boring. This is made even worse by the sit-back-and-rice metagame which just makes the game straight up dull as ganks are few.

In my eyes the Dota heros are actually better then HoNs, but it’s let down by slow ass gameplay and, in my eyes, an inferior engine. I see it that HoN’s a better game, but it doesn’t matter. Just like the CS franchise anything with the name Dota, shit or not, will be massive. Sad.

choiie

keso

Quoted from GibbZ

[…]

It really is a bad thing though in my eyes atleast. Everything in Dota is pretty much slower then HoN; cast times and latency delay included. Even pucks bubble is much slower. While you could argue this adds something to the game such as skill in prediction (when it comes to cast times atleast), it also takes alot away, making it easier to dodge and react. In my eyes the slower pace of the game just takes away so much and makes it boring. This is made even worse by the sit-back-and-rice metagame which just makes the game straight up dull as ganks are few.

In my eyes the Dota heros are actually better then HoNs, but it’s let down by slow ass gameplay and, in my eyes, an inferior engine. I see it that HoN’s a better game, but it doesn’t matter. Just like the CS franchise anything with the name Dota, shit or not, will be massive. Sad.

Problem with HoN is they break the game in two ways each patch; firstly by making the servers unavailable and breaking key features; and secondly by adding heroes that are horribly unbalanced. The reason why I have faith in Dota 2 is because I believe Valve and Icefrog won’t be doing the same thing. And because I’m quite certain I won’t crash every two games do to a broken engine.

I agree on the gameplay part, but I have a feeling it’s more a question of getting used to it than HoN being more skill based.

dauk

wtf I still enjoy lol more

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

In HoNs defence, while there is a power creep in the game, they generally do balance eventually. The balance they do aswell is really accurate. The main issue is it takes them a few months.

As far as crashes go… you’re probably one of the unlucky ones. Crashing in hon seems so quirky and PC dependent. I’ve had patches where I’ve crashed every game and some where I just haven’t. I also know a few people who have hardly ever crashed. It’s an issue but I don’t see it as a big one.

Everyone makes Icefrog to be some god of hero creation, yet really, from playing Dota2 there are still some imbalances.

Valves a better company, but HoNs a better game.
It’s all subjective ofc…

crzfst

Playing this game solo is fucking nightmare, played 4 games, never finished a game 5v5, always atleast 2 people of my team just dc 15 minutes in.
Regarding hon debate, such a better game, and what is this word “crash” you on about? Last time i crashed in hon was ages ago.

Last edited by crzfst,

Pikachu

LTG.
LTG.

Quoted from dauk

wtf I still enjoy lol more

Casual.

Shep_Cro

W.tf

Quoted from Pikachu

[…]

Filthy casual.

FTFY

Quoted from choiie

[…]

Problem with HoN is they break the game in two ways each patch; firstly by making the servers unavailable and breaking key features; and secondly by adding heroes that are horribly unbalanced. The reason why I have faith in Dota 2 is because I believe Valve and Icefrog won’t be doing the same thing. And because I’m quite certain I won’t crash every two games do to a broken engine.

Umm… Am I the only one seeing a problem here?

Hint: think of TF2 updates.

FF63

YOYO\'

Will give a tribes key for dota2 :D

Last edited by FF63,

FunKi

sisu

Will give 2 tribes ascend beta keys for a dota2 key ^^

FunKi

sisu

Double o.O

Last edited by FunKi,

kustom3

AwS
DA!

Nevermind.

Last edited by kustom3,

Square

Got a key from a friend add me for a friendly game!
NOTE: I don’t remember shit from the old dota days, so don’t expect too much.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from crzfst

Playing this game solo is fucking nightmare, played 4 games, never finished a game 5v5, always atleast 2 people of my team just dc 15 minutes in.
Regarding hon debate, such a better game, and what is this word “crash” you on about? Last time i crashed in hon was ages ago.

Hit 1800 yet? hur hur hehe

FF63

YOYO\'

Finally got Dota2!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 22 Next »