Forum

wasd or arrow keys.

Created 8th August 2011 @ 12:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Stimpy

Personally i got use to using the arrow keys although i have no idea why.
Played online games since doom/quake. doom you couldn’t change from wasd, so i had to use them back then.

But really what i wanted to know is what is the benefits of wasd? why has this become standard? Lots of people told me recently that i would benefit more from using wasd.

the biggest reason i can see for change would be more keys nearby, but then i would have to think about where things are more for about 1 month or so to get use to it. What do other people think am i mad to use the arrow keys? Does anyone else use them?

Last edited by Stimpy,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

qwes is the future

more keys thats it

dougiie

CotC

yeah more keys, like Q and F

also, 1 month to get used to new keys… whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Forsak3n

S

Much easier to reach the biggest buttons on your keyboard.

Swarlz

Quoted from Stimpy

Personally i got use to using the arrow keys although i have no idea why.
Played online games since doom/quake. doom you couldn’t change from wasd, so i had to use them back then.

But really what i wanted to know is what is the benefits of wasd? why has this become standard? Lots of people told me recently that i would benefit more from using wasd.

the biggest reason i can see for change would be more keys nearby, but then i would have to think about where things are more for about 1 month or so to get use to it. What do other people think am i mad to use the arrow keys? Does anyone else use them?

how the fuck do you jump

Mike

TEZC

i use arrow keys

Swarlz

Quoted from Mike

i use arrow keys

how the fuck do you jump

Greg

Friend of mine who used arrow keys bound jump to I think it was either 0 on the numpad or Ctrl

Swarlz

you all make me sick.

Stimpy

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]
how the fuck do you jump

ctrl to jump and # to duck wired i know. and use to use shift to sprint where needed in games. enter to use.

0 = rocket, 1 = sg, 4 = equalizer

Last edited by Stimpy,

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I started gaming with arrow keys untill 1.5 years ago.

I used scrollwheel for jumping, but mouse died and the other one had a bad scroll. So started using wasd + spacebar jumping. Can’t bunnyhop with it tho.

+ its more wrist friendly if you dont have the space to throw your keyboard around your desk.

Last edited by Nmx,

Stimpy

Quoted from dougiie

yeah more keys, like Q and F

also, 1 month to get used to new keys… whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Im old, also try getting use to arrow keys then ;)

Scratchi

swimp
swimp

I use arrow keys only for TF2 though all other games i use wasd

TviQ

ft.

I jump on mouse2 :D when using arrow keys

Last edited by TviQ,

Tehgnarr

is good!

I use wasd. The reason for this are / were indeed the keys nearby. I started shooters with Quakeworld, where you had more than 3 weapons, so you needed the keys nearby to bind weapons to.

standart setup in Q2 (at least for me and my pals) was something like: q – rail, e – LG, r- rockets, f – shotty, c – chain, x – grenades. jump on mouse2, zoom on space, duck on left shift and walk on alt.

been using this eversince in all shooters.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »