Forum

UK Broadband suggestions

Created 6th July 2011 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

Alright lads,

I’m with talktalk at the moment and it is easily the WORST service I have ever had, I’m meant to be getting 8mbps but various broadband speed tests indicate that it is actually around 3.5. It is driving me crazy; I can’t stream live casts and my download speeds are horrific.. I need suggestions for a new internet company! Any ideas?

I would like to avoid Virgin (I can’t get 50meg in my area) and BT’s service at all costs.

HELP A BROTHER OUT.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Call them first and constantly whine, they might do something, my parents got an improved package with VM for free after threatening to leave as well.

Sky broadband is meant to be quite good, so is o2.

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

i’m on plusnet and have had pretty good service. any problems i have had is easily sorted out on the forums. getting 5mb/s dl (south-west)

ilike2spin

RLM

I’m on O2, we’re on the cheapest package since we’ve got a crap line so we max out at 7mbps. It’s pretty decent and speeds are consistent but the router they give you is shite.

Get a new router (with QoS if you’re sharing) and it’s a great service imo.

flushy

P.O.P

I’ve heard awesome things about sky

P.S. virgin is shit

Last edited by flushy,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Sky is pretty good depending on area but I heard be there is the best.

Black_Bob

[DA]

In plymouth virgin is ace never lag and always have a low ping.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Been with sky for about 3 years now, not really had any major problems. One time it went tits up and an engineer was out within 2 days and found a problem at the local exchange thingy, got it fixed and I was never charged a penny.

Good stuff, stable and pretty cheap if you have some tv stuff off them too.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

If you are willing to pay enough, any service is good. If you buy the 30 or 50 MB internet with anyone it will work well.

_Ben

;?

Bethere broadband http://www.bethere.co.uk

just for you joey c!

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

thanks lads, having just moved back home from uni I’m starting to miss my 50meg connection with Virgin :[ talktalk is dire and I can’t get be broadband. Will keep looking, thank you to all respondents :p

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Yeah I had talk talk and their service is shit, rang them up about an issue and they replied with “buy a new router”, I moved out a week later so it’s not my problem any more.

VM for me is kinda shit, in my parents place it was very good, here I get capped speeds at peak time and it’s fucking expensive.

bethere as well are meant to be really good as Ben said, but it’d recommend asking people who live near you as ISP’s service changes from place to place.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

used to despise virgin media until we upgraded to the 20mb package but i would only recommend if using ethan net cable

Ritalin

[d¿s]

I’m desperately looking for a good internet provider as well.

I don’t care about speed (i live out of the city, so my phone line/exchange will be shit), I just need advice on which is best for cheapest price and download limit, etc.

I’d greatly appreciate a link to any good packages/deals!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

ISP’s service changes from place to place.

this

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »