Forum

own3d.tv ....WHY?!

Created 30th May 2011 @ 10:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

Get some people with 10mbit+ upload to do the actual streaming then?

Finding people with good upload speed isn’t a problem. That’s bassically like saying “find a Dutchie or someone who lives in Western Germany”. It’s also about finding someone who has a pretty good PC AND is willing to put in lots of time and in and out of casts (we have some really cool stuff with the streamers that we haven’t shown yet). Finding dedicated people who also happen to have sick PC’s and even sicker internet connections isn’t easy.

We have 3 guys atm. Shrike who’s the main streamer (who’s done both of the ones you’ve seen so far) has really ace quality. Taoism has like 80mbit upload uni internet, but his PC isn’t really good enough to take full advantage of that. Comedian has a sick PC and ofc has done bassically every TF2TV stream you’ve ever seen, but his internet connection isn’t that amazing even by dutch standards.

Shrike uses 2500kbps, and Comedian and Taoism use 1800. To give you a rough idea of quality, a 720p youtube video is 2400, most fragmovies you d/l are like 4000-7000.

tl;dr: Problem isn’t finding people with good upload, it’s finding people with good upload, AND really sick PC’s, AND with a lot of dedication.

edit: Actually I think I should probably mention this. I know for some reason that when I’m watching the stream, it’s a bit laggy FPS-wise until I fullscreen the video. The difference is like day and night.

Last edited by Skyride,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Turbo

Every video/stream I try and watch i have to watch a cunting cat advert.

sup http://pastie.org/private/ajz5bilf0s5anteq4zryq

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

That weird then since I offered my services already, but nobody contacted me. Guess you aren’t REALLY looking for people that can provide a good stream.

Sunbather

maksa

i never noticed ads on own3d or is it only on the tf2tv stream?

use adblock, i was sick of the ads when i was watching league of legends streams, and adblock works wonders <3

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

That weird then since I offered my services already, but nobody contacted me. Guess you aren’t REALLY looking for people that can provide a good stream.

Better speak to Byte then, that’s news to me, I don’t deal with that sort of stuff.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Better speak to Byte then, that’s news to me, I don’t deal with that sort of stuff.

There was a news post on vanilla a couple of weeks ago in which tf2tv asked for streamers. I posted on that after Krimson told me so. If you need somebody contact me. Not now though, psu blown so my desktop can’t do shit :(. And I’m sure you can get “better” people to stream.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2