Brink

Created 8th May 2011 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

Then what’s the point in it? They should have just ditched it and maybe tried to make movement similar to warsow or cpma, make it easy for everyone to do the standard (with a bit of learning) and hard to take it to the next level.

Seems like a gimmick, just like controllable killstreaks in mw2.

It IS a gimmick, it just makes flanking slightly easier if you have a light body type, it makes finding ways to get behind the enemy seem more intuitive, the movement system was NEVER meant to change the combat of the game, it was never meant to change the way FPS games are played. It was hyped as a different and intuitive way to find your way around a map, that’s what it is. The game itself is actually pretty fun if people give it a chance, the tactics involved will be interesting to see when teams work their way around the maps, it’s been out 5 days and has had 2 patches. All FPS games are very very buggy when released, at least this developer is making patches and responding to feedback and giving the community as many fixes as they can.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I recall tf2 being playable out of the box, even in the beta. Mostly just balance patches.

hykleri

TF2 had shitloads of bugs.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from hykleri

dustbowl skywalk… awwwwww yeah

Skyride

DUCS

Making any buttons context sensitive in a competitive game is a fairly terrible idea.

dougiie

CotC

so… what your essentially saying is that the game is dead?

tay

some1 get me in some mixes/double mixes w,e

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from hykleri

Emphasis on the word “playable”. I don’t consider Brink playable.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Koeitje

I recall tf2 being playable out of the box, even in the beta. Mostly just balance patches.

touch a roller instadeath! wooh!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

touch a roller instadeath! wooh!

Balance issues are an entirely different matter.

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

This thread is getting incredibly cyclical…

Enef

fest
#wubafan

It’s unplayable how? I haven’t seen anything except a few balance issues PERSONALLY that is actually broken. There are a few issues apparently with certain graphics cards and graphical issues, all of which are being addressed atm and have had multiple patches already in an attempt to address the already raised issues.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Enef

It’s unplayable how? I haven’t seen anything except a few balance issues PERSONALLY that is actually broken. There are a few issues apparently with certain graphics cards and graphical issues, all of which are being addressed atm and have had multiple patches already in an attempt to address the already raised issues.

The netcode is shit? The movement is clunky?

huhystah

Where can you buy brink for a cheap price?

Last edited by huhystah,

Norrland3000

Quoted from huhystah

Where can you buy brink for a cheap price?

game.co.uk

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 Next »