Created 7th May 2011 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

http://pastebin.com/V89QUdZZ

IPZIE

SUAVE

obviously CommFT stands for common FuckTard.

Skyride

DUCS

Seems a bit retarded. The guy made a bad call and won’t admit it. Out of interest, would you playing the match 5 days late hold up the tournament at all? Seems like hes more interested in having the tournament run according to schedule than getting games played.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Skyride

Seems a bit retarded. The guy made a bad call and won’t admit it. Out of interest, would you playing the match 5 days late hold up the tournament at all? Seems like hes more interested in having the tournament run according to schedule than getting games played.

I understand his point about us playing later than the original date, but I can’t understand why they were the ones to get promoted since they’ve done shit about this game and I had to literally chase 5 of their players just to get this game sorted :|

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Retsh0ck

[…]
I understand his point about us playing later than the original date, but I can’t understand why they were the ones to get promoted since they’ve done shit about this game and I had to literally chase 5 of their players just to get this game sorted :|

They clearly have no way to clearly manage things like with etf2l’s match pages. Shit happens. The fact he made a mistake isn’t the problem to me, its the fact he hasn’t went “oh right, good point”, looked into it, and changed the ruling.

dauk

give me his home adress ill poop on his carpet

Last edited by dauk,

Bury.

internecine

The guys rude nature and offensive tone is pretty despicable whether he is right or wrong, has a lot to learn about common courtesy I guess.
Who is he anyway?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Sadly Retshock this is the experience I have had with their admins all throughout. They basically lack common sense of an admin.

The big issues of CommFT’s Highlander tournament have been for me:

1) Default day being Thursday (extended to Saturday) and week starting on Sunday. Now getting 18 people available on the same day will happen 90% of the time on Sunday. So basically most teams will be forced to play their game on Sunday WITHOUT getting to practice the map. Some maps are custom and no team will really know it.

2) No merc rule. ETF2L had one cos they had the common sense to know teams will probably need mercs, even for officials but the CommFT admins do not understand that people may have other dedications. Now add that to the fact they all only 13 people on the roster (compared with 14 for ETF2L + mercs and 16 for UGC) then you got a lot of teams not showing up with 9.

Combine the factors and you get teams basically forced to play without practise less than 12 hours (due to timezone differences) of discovering their opponents and arranging a game. You get 1 week to play (ETF2L had 2) and you have to contact an admin to get server info.

I don’t wanna be over critical but I raised this point many times and the guy basically told me to fuck off, as if I didn’t appreciate how hard it was to be an admin.

Lesson is they lack common sense, patience and will not admit mistakes or flaws in their organization which I pointed out only for the benefit of the players participating. Admins in ESL, Wireplay and ETF2L have always done that when I spoke to them.

To be honest they are ruining the tournament.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Judging purely on the content of the match page http://commforums.com/week-2-eu-team-t5343.html?t=5343 , I can kinda see where they are coming from.

The only post from either team seems to be you apologising for the match being unplayed, then telling the admins that you’ll play outside of the allotted time even though the first post says not to do that. That post is all the information they have from both teams, which came only a few hours before the deadline, and suggests that you are at fault for the delay.

However, I think the admins are just as bad in terms of the lack of communication. It’s obvious that you didn’t understand the rules of the deadline, but the only attempt made to sort that is a post half an hour after yours. I’d bet that you didn’t even see that until after the def loss had been given. I don’t think posting would have emailed you (like here), or that an admin would have chased you up in Steam to make sure you understood.

Furthermore, “FFW to Team Kibutznikum. ” is a fairly shit way to explain the result of a match that neither team seems to have put any effort into scheduling on time. Even the smallest amount of justification would have been much more useful than that.

Contacting an admin in Steam for an explanation seems fair enough in this case, afaik Steam is their recommended form of contact. Thing about Steam is that for this kind of thing is that it’s very easy for Steam to just piss off the admin, which appears to have happened here.

So yeah, this is exactly why admins ask for as much info on the match page as possible – it’s the only thing we can use when making a decision on the match. On the other hand, it seems like the admins were just as bad at communicating in this case.

I’m still not sure why the default win was given, was it really a coin toss?

randa

It was given to the other team because retshock posted on the match page that the game would have to be delayed, so it seemed they were the ones stalling even though the other team couldnt play aswell :(

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

<– jinn_: nice hissy fit
<– jinn_: now fuck off
<– jinn_ is now Offline.

wow

ashkan

<– jinn_: nice hissy fit
<– jinn_: now fuck off
<– jinn_ is now Offline.

Son, I am disappoint.

Pricee

has $w@G

give this man a win!

Gash

FAB
[MONG]

whats prob worse or at least adds salt to the wound for retshock, will be that team kibutznikum looked to have no showed for the following match against SNSD http://commforums.com/week-3-eu-team-t5426.html?t=5426

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Gash

whats prob worse or at least adds salt to the wound for retshock, will be that team kibutznikum looked to have no showed for the following match against SNSD http://commforums.com/week-3-eu-team-t5426.html?t=5426

yep exactly, which is why I wrote to him “they probably dont even remember they’re in the tournament”

And for crasp:
Quoted from randa

It was given to the other team because retshock posted on the match page that the game would have to be delayed, so it seemed they were the ones stalling even though the other team couldnt play aswell :(

:/

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »