Forum

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Created 25th March 2011 @ 18:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 Next »

rtan

-9w-

Pretty disappointed in this actually.

Don’t understand the change of this random field medic becoming Robb’s wife. Just makes him look stupid, marrying someone when he doesn’t even know her second name and any of her family. At least in the books there was a big deal of him going to meet the Westerlings and that they were an old and “proud” house.

Also not including Vargo Hoat, can’t believe they missed that opportunity, it would’ve been hilarious. Saphireth.

And what the f*ck have they done to Mance Rayder and Thoros of Myr? Mance was always “different” to the wildlings, he was charismatic, charming, and a bard. Could you imagine the shows Mance sneaking into Winterfell and playing music to Ned and King Robert during the feast? And they seem to have merged Thoros and the Tom O’ Sevens character, which is just a bad choice imo.

Still good TV, but I just don’t understand some of the changes really.

Last edited by rtan,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I suppose the changes HAVE to be made. It’s just too dense a storyline to keep everything in.

Have faith in the Holy Trinity of Weiss, Benioff and Martin.

Also, FUCK YEAH!: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-thrones/25058/game-of-thrones-officially-renewed-for-season-4

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Monkeh

I suppose the changes HAVE to be made. It’s just too dense a storyline to keep everything in.

Disagree, I don’t think they had to be made at all, sure some things have to be changed (like the whole Bolton/Harrenhall/Arya thing) but the changes I spoke about above don’t really make sense in that regard.

Monkeh

Wasn’t there some mention of a title and a house somewhere far east for his new wife? Rebelling against daddy or something?

Not sure that’s really so important anyway, it’s the fact he’s married anybody but one of the Freys that really matters innit. Young love is sooooo unpredictable after all.

Being honest I don’t really remember Vargo Hoat, name rings bells but any specifics are lost in the decade since I read the first few books. Same goes for Thoros of Myr as well.

Think I may need to go back and re-read dem first books.

Edit: Just remembered a line from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off which is perhaps relevant here:

“If things don’t change for him, he’s gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she’s gonna treat him like shit because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end all be all of human existence. She won’t respect him, because you can’t respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn’t work.”

Last edited by Monkeh,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’m really disappointed that Vargo Hoat isn’t in it, such a fucking awesome character just because if Kingthlayer.

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from rtan

Pretty disappointed in this actually.

Don’t understand the change of this random field medic becoming Robb’s wife. Just makes him look stupid, marrying someone when he doesn’t even know her second name and any of her family. At least in the books there was a big deal of him going to meet the Westerlings and that they were an old and “proud” house.

Also not including Vargo Hoat, can’t believe they missed that opportunity, it would’ve been hilarious. Saphireth.

And what the f*ck have they done to Mance Rayder and Thoros of Myr? Mance was always “different” to the wildlings, he was charismatic, charming, and a bard. Could you imagine the shows Mance sneaking into Winterfell and playing music to Ned and King Robert during the feast? And they seem to have merged Thoros and the Tom O’ Sevens character, which is just a bad choice imo.

Still good TV, but I just don’t understand some of the changes really.

Well said, but they do need to change things so that the series has its own flavour and is different for book readers, the Talisa change I think will probably play out like this (NOTE SPOILERS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

The Vargo Hoat change is horrible I wanted his lisp so badly! And they have removed Strong Belwas, so no shitting in the direction of a gate :(

Monkeh

Surely we’ll get some Strong Belwas, he has some important eating to do later…

I love Belwas.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Greg

[…]

Well said, but they do need to change things so that the series has its own flavour and is different for book readers, the Talisa change I think will probably play out like this (NOTE SPOILERS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

The Vargo Hoat change is horrible I wanted his lisp so badly! And they have removed Strong Belwas, so no shitting in the direction of a gate :(

Another thing that annoyed me is barristan being unveiled straight away, in the books Jorah is all up in his grill because he doesn’t trust him as he doesn’t know who he really is. Having Jorah quipping at barristan straight away in the series doesn’t feel right, you don’t get a back story as to why he talks to him that way.

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Monkeh

Being honest I don’t really remember Vargo Hoat, name rings bells but any specifics are lost in the decade since I read the first few books. Same goes for Thoros of Myr as well.

Think I may need to go back and re-read dem first books.

Minor spoilers followed by worse

I missed strong Belwas too, was quite dissapointed Barristan arrived alone. He’s a good character but probably not required (except that bit with the spicy food).

Thoros of Myr was the fire priest. The same sect as the Red Lady that instructs Stannis. He should’ve made appearance earlier in the series in the tournies slapping people about with a sword that he set on fire and getting very drunk. He’s a very important character especially with the Merry Men and the lord that cannot be killed.

Hoat was a sad miss though, he was hired by the mountain iirc and brought in as a mercenary band from across the narrow sea. They went around raping and pillaging. Once the Mountain retreated from Harrenhall and Bolton went North Hoat set himself up as Lord of Harrenhall and thats where all the fun with kingslayer happens.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Greg

[…]

Yeah I’ve seen that video before, I hope that’s how it goes. Still, all the trouble for that when they could’ve just used the books story?

Monkeh

Reek, reek, it rhymes with HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFuckyouyoulittleshitter’aveitbitcheek.

#Throneslove

Monkeh

So the Rain’s Of Castamere have fallen and the internet rage knows no bounds. Been waiting for this episode for ages and yeah, GoT goes huge. Excluding the omission of Cat’s….ermmm, self mutilation, it was done really well.

***SPOILERS IN THIS LINK***

Check the rage and disbelief here: https://twitter.com/redweddingtears

“GAME OF THRONES IS THE WORST FRAKKING SHOW I WANT TO TEAR MY EYES OUT IN SADNESS.” – Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Amazing.

Oh lordy, kinda wish I hadn’t read the books now as it must have been some emotional ride watching that.

TV at it’s best, storytelling at it’s best, unexpected twists at their best, hell yeah, BEST!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

My phone went nuts last night. People raging asking why i hadn’t told them this was going to happen. Was so intense to watch. Be interesting to see the ratings on the second viewing for this episode.

Un amour de Swann

Quoted from Monkeh

TV at it’s best, storytelling at it’s best, unexpected twists at their best, hell yeah, BEST!

TV at it best it may be. Alas, it’s still only a somewhat pale shadow of the riches the original books provide.

So y’all gotta read the books!

Last edited by Un amour de Swann,

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Monkeh

Excluding the omission of Cat’s….ermmm, self mutilation, it was done really well.

Her meltdown wasn’t as graphic as the book but that scream and dead stare was some of the most morbid stuff I’ve seen in a TV show.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 Next »