Forum

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Created 25th March 2011 @ 18:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 20 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Anyone read George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels, ‘A song of fire and ice’? If you haven’t and you like fantasy books, go read them. Best. Fantasy. Books. Ever.

Anyway, HBO have serialised it, trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIyCUHrESk

Starting in the UK on April 18th, I’m actually quite excited about a tv show for the first time in ages. Watch it peeps, if it’s half as good as the books, it’ll be utterly awesome.

Last edited by Monkeh,

agron

Relic

Read 2,5 half books of it. Raged so bad at a plot twist i threw the book at a wall. It’s probably still behind my couch.

good nerd books, will watch the series.

Wiiking

Will it be like Legend of the seeker :D? Lets hope… NOT

instag1b

Panda

It’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” :P, the name MUST BE CORRECT.

but srsly, these books are so fucking awesome.

Tbh, i’m reluctant to watch the tv series, in case it’s shit and doesn’t do justice to the feel of the books. I don’t know about you, but this series is one a few that really immersed me into the world of the author’s imagination.

inb4 bookworm

Last edited by instag1b,

Monkeh

I know exactly what you mean. The books have such depth to the characters and politic that it seems almost impossible to stick it on film and do it any kind of justice. But saying that, the best way to do it would be a 10 hour epic tv series so….. BRING IT!

and yeah, Ice and Fire…Ice and Fire…Ice and Fire…got it. :D

(In no way did I just go to my bookshelf to check..no, nah-nah…nope, defo not.)

Last edited by Monkeh,

Wabbeh

Terry Pratchet>all /thread

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Wasn’t that RR Martin that really slow writing guy? I read a few books of him I believe, but liked the Wheel of Time series and Legend of the Seeker more.

The TV-Series for legend of the seeker where….egh.

DRookie

guru-JB
,(s),

It’s true that Martin writes really sloooow, but luckily Steven Erikson, writes a lot, so you can read his Malazan Book of the Fallen series while waiting for Martin.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Better read “Wheel of time” by Robert Jordan. Thats epic shit

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Wabbeh

Terry Pratchet>all /thread

+1
nothing. NOTHING beats Terry Pratchet! <3

Dummy

Quoted from Andee

Better read “Wheel of time” by Robert Jordan. Thats epic shit

this
^

Nor

rda

<3 http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6472/a-game-of-thrones

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I don’t care about the TV show. Just get me the new book. 3 more months till it comes out. I’ve been waiting for years for it, it better be good.

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from Wiiking

Will it be like Legend of the seeker :D? Lets hope… NOT

Yes, it will be shit like the seeker TV series. Just stick with the books people, no point to absolutely demolish/ruin your good experience from books to watch a shitty TV shows. I Regret the day that I ever watched Legend of the Seeker from TV, I wanted to cut my wrists after 2 episodes. (Still watched all of them in hopes that it would turn out to be good at some point.)

piece

A Game of Thrones is awesome…but there is one series that is much more epic then anything mentioned so far in this thread.

Steven Erikson – Malazan Book of the Fallen – Gardens of the Moon

Thats the first book and they get better and better. The world created there makes the world of George R.R. Martin look tiny.

If you havent read that try it. You won’t regret it.

That said the best 2 authors are Steven Erikson and George R.R. Martin :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 20 Next »