quake like textures (Q_Q)

Created 17th March 2011 @ 00:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Smeg

[…]
for me it did change alot
but i played with a dx 9 cfg donno if the progress i got is also able with just a dx 8 cfg ^^

What series of nvidia is your video card ?

M0re

Quoted from Orchid

[…]
As long as ur not stupid, cus the images are down, you have to do it reading the text.
EDIT – just got rivatuner to install properly, did it step by step exactly how nubonamission described it, didnt do a thing. Ingame it looks totally the same.

You need to have texture and light filtering on iirc. So if you’re running my highighighihgihicfg or chris ihihihihihicfg or dunno whats the name, it prolly wont work. mat_filtertextures 1 iirc etc. Can’t remember all the cvars as I’m at work atm and can’t double check those ;E

ih

does it give any frame rate increase, or is it just “psychologically less data for brain to process” thing?

Bonkers

Quoted from ih

does it give any frame rate increase, or is it just “psychologically less data for brain to process” thing?

both i would have thought

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I think I had a bit worse performance with it, but depends on your gpu I suppose. A really bad gpu will probably benefit from that. I had a bunch of problems with att tho, such as not being able to change lod level and having to close it and start it again and such. Rivatuner might work better tho. I don’t feel the lod hack really makes the game that much clearer cause all the walls are still the same as they are without it, just blurrier.

Orchid

|=3

anyone know the cvars he was talking about?

Chux

guru
,(s),

The problem with RivaTuner is that the LOD settings wont work with any of the 2xx drivers on the current version. Anyone using 2xx will need to downgrade to an older release for the LOD bias to work with RT.

197.45 is the newest you can go.

Last edited by Chux,

Scorch

LZ.war

For the NVIDIA users:
1.Run Profile Tool
2.Export SLI Profiles
3.Open the resulting “NVIDIA Profiles.txt” file
4.Search for “Team Fortress 2”
5.Add “Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0x00000078 UserSpecified=true” in the TF2 profile
6.Save the file
7.Import SLI Profile in Profile Tool, selecting your edited file.
8.Congratulations, you are now running TF2 on a Nintendo 64

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2625 (check attachments)

thank povohat, not me.
http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?p=669873

Last edited by Scorch,

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from Scorch

For the NVIDIA users:
1.Run Profile Tool
2.Export SLI Profiles
3.Open the resulting “NVIDIA Profiles.txt” file
4.Search for “Team Fortress 2”
5.Add “Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0x00000078 UserSpecified=true” in the TF2 profile
6.Save the file
7.Import SLI Profile in Profile Tool, selecting your edited file.
8.Congratulations, you are now running TF2 on a Nintendo 64

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2625 (check attachments)

thank povohat, not me.
http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?p=669873

tried it. when i tried to import, it showed this > ERROR:
There was a problem importing the settings from disk.

Scorch

LZ.war

Works fine for me.

p.s. don’t use in ESL

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Chux

The problem with RivaTuner is that the LOD settings wont work with any of the 2xx drivers on the current version. Anyone using 2xx will need to downgrade to an older release for the LOD bias to work with RT.

197.45 is the newest you can go.

this. :)

Scorch

LZ.war

I am using 266.58 and I have no problems.

DuPe

[9mm]
HHH

I tried using the ATT but nothing happened.

Smeg

Quoted from Scorch

Works fine for me.

p.s. don’t use in ESL

can you pls upload some screenshots how it looks ingame :)

Marvelous

S |

really interested in this one. tho I tried the SLI Profile Tool and I got the “ERROR:
There was a problem importing the settings from disk.” massage aswell :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »