Forum

Anyone considering a 120hz monitor should also consider waiting...

Created 16th March 2011 @ 14:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

nvc

Check out the AOC 60/75hz monitor and the little review i did, i’m waiting for a 120hz one! (I’m no sellout! :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtGpd5JxpNQ

Last edited by nvc,

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

I am actually considering a 120hz, I just dont have an unlimited supply of money, any idea of how much the 120hz is going to be?

nvc

Quoted from helberg

I am actually considering a 120hz, I just dont have an unlimited supply of money, any idea of how much the 120hz is going to be?

Couldn’t tell you at the moment, i guess they’ll release more info in the coming weeks on price/spec. I’ll bump this thread when i hear more.

Last edited by nvc,

kuma

Just in case you forgot to bump this, do you have any more info on this monitor or good alternatives i can consider soon?

nvc

Quoted from kuma

Just in case you forgot to bump this, do you have any more info on this monitor or good alternatives i can consider soon?

I’m going to quiz the infused management at i42 so i’ll have more answers then. If you can’t wait just buy a Benq for 1920×1080 or viewsonic vx2268wm for 1680×1050

kuma

Cheers, really missing that 120hz since the crt days.

4:3 or 16:9 for TF2 purposes?

Last edited by kuma,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The LG is better than the BenQ. But to be fair, I’d wait for the samsung SA750 or SA950 series (both available in 23 & 27″). They should be out soon. No idea what they are going to cost, but considering the 2233rz is still one of the best for gaming I expect them to perform well.

Always 16:9 or 16:10, because you get more horizontal fov without sacrificing vertical fov (some games do that).

Last edited by Koeitje,

kuma

27″ wow…

I have no knowledge of this kind of thing so apologies in advance if i sound dumb, but as it’s a native 1920×1080 res won’t the image be more stretched on the larger monitor?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kuma

27″ wow…

I have no knowledge of this kind of thing so apologies in advance if i sound dumb, but as it’s a native 1920×1080 res won’t the image be more stretched on the larger monitor?

Yes. I wouldn’t get the 27″ one.

Waster

Whats wrong with the LG? I am gonna get the LG.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Not getting another monitor with ≤ 1920*1200 resolution. When are the first 120Hz 2560*1600 screens being released? :D

kuma

Is this the 120hz LG? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-091-LG&utm_source=froogle

Bit confused about the response time, some sites say 3ms and some say 5ms

Last edited by kuma,

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

LG W2363D 23″ TRUE 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor – Black
That is the name of the monitor, so basicly anything with 3D cababilities are 120hz monitors, but they have added the 120hz in this case also in the name of the monitor.

the response time what is in this case 3ms is the time that colors go from gray to gray. So it’s the time what it takes the picture to update in to your monitor when graphics card send the signal to your monitor. Anything under 5ms is good.

Cooler

4Queens

So, what is so special about this monitor?

Destrutor

Quoted from nvc

Check out the AOC 60/75hz monitor and the little review i did, i’m waiting for a 120hz one! (I’m no sellout! :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtGpd5JxpNQ

You got a link to that 60Hz one? I need a new one desperately but can’t afford a 120Hz and don’t want to wait.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »