Forum

The Dustbowl

Created 29th November 2010 @ 17:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Right then,

Name’s mode, from WDG, a clan notable for having a flag. No really, that’s about it. Anyone who was at i40 should know what I’m talking about, I am reliably informed d2m wanted to set fire to it. Anyway, I have been encouraged by clanmates to offer my services as an advisor of sorts. Apparently this is, as of the past few days, a “thing”.

I’ve called this thread a Dustbowl rather than a Well, for whereas knowledge flows from the other players you may ask, if you extract so much as a grain of insight from me it’ll be a twatting miracle.

So, any question answered. Badly. You can ask me about competitive TF2 if you really want, but it would be ill advised, I’m terrible.

Fire away.

Not here

My first question, why are their threads like this?

Chaos

SIX

I got a question, how do you get your hair so curly?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Not here

their

DeadlyAvenger

(=WDG=)

Now Tell me more about this awesome clan that you’re in…just how awesome is it?

Quoted from Not here

My first question, why are their threads like this?

It’s all a conspiracy, we wanted to see how many threads we could get to before you cracked.

Quoted from Chaos

I got a question, how do you get your hair so curly?

Heathen magic. Also hair mousse.

Quoted from DeadlyAvenger

Now Tell me more about this awesome clan that you’re in…just how awesome is it?

Stay classy Deadly. In standardised Mann Co. units approximately 62 MegaSaxtons.

Last edited by mode_seven,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

why was dustbowl and well removed from the map pool when both of them by far rape freight and obscure?

Quoted from howdeh

why was dustbowl and well removed from the map pool when both of them by far rape freight and obscure?

If your information is accurate I assume that they are currently in custody awaiting trial for charges of sexual assault.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from mode_seven

Right then,

Name’s mode, from WDG, a clan notable for having a flag. No really, that’s about it. Anyone who was at i40 should know what I’m talking about, I am reliably informed d2m wanted to set fire to it.

Hahahaha, I laughed at it until someone told me their mum helped to paint it. Then I laughed a bit more quietly.

It was awesome and you guys were awesome too <3

LtMama

FNR!

d2m told me numerous times I had hair like a vagina…

keeping it classy up in this bitch.

I have a question for mode:

On a scale of 1-10 how tired were you by the last episode of your i40 video blog? It looks like a 10 :P

Also, why was it never concluded?

Quoted from LtMama

I have a question for mode:

On a scale of 1-10 how tired were you by the last episode of your i40 video blog? It looks like a 10 :P

Also, why was it never concluded?

I can answer both of those in one: It was a 10.

Tommy the Cat

In the Critique of Pure Reason Immanuel Kant asserts the notion that morality is based upon a sense of duty. How is this possible if all human actions are motivated by self interest?

Quoted from Tommy the Cat

In the Critique of Pure Reason Immanuel Kant asserts the notion that morality is based upon a sense of duty. How is this possible if all human actions are motivated by self interest?

Kant challenged the latter stated assumption that was held by the hypothetical moral systems commonly held in his day with the concept of the Categorical imperative. This was in fact formulated and proposed earlier than the Critique in the Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals, published in 1785 and formulated thusly:

“Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.”

For the layman one might simplistically interpret this as an alternative formulation of the ethic of reciprocity, famously stated Biblically in Matthew 7:12 (alt. Luke 6:31), commonly summed as:

“One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself”

Kant argues this point further, using the concept of Pure Practical Reason (contrasted with the eponymous Pure Reason of the text as mentioned by the questioner), concluding with the resulting clause of his stated syllogism in arguing categorical imperative that one acts as if their actions did establish a universal law to be followed by others under identical circumstances.

As an aside, this discussion leads us to the ironic etymology of now bastardised spelling, where an individual acting purely in self interest in externally percieved inappropriate circumstances would be referred to as “an utter kant”.

Junta

(=WDG=)
(=WDG=)

Why am I so crap at Sniper and medic?

Can I get rid of the keyboard and mouse and use a steering wheel instead?

PS. I also knew you’d be knowledgeable on all things Kant ;)

Last edited by Junta,

trams

-><-

A mother have 7 children, 50% are boys, how is that possible?
Oh, btw, there are NO hermaphrodites in the family.

Last edited by trams,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »