Forum

want2gift some1 'pokernight@inventory'

Created 24th November 2010 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

After playing L4D non-stop for months on end, a friend insisted that I’d buy TF2 because it was on sale for 2.50, so even if it’d be bad, it wouldn’t be a big loss. Spent months on cp_floodzone learning how this game worked, then came across a cp_orange_x3 server where I FaN’d everyone to bits. Then there came a point where I realised that the people playing on this server had no idea what they were doing (turtling on tower 24/7, yay), and at around the same time I had been reading stuff about competitive play on ubercharged.net. Started to look around on youtube, found some eXtv stuff, and utterly loved it. Registered on commFT (had no idea!) and was from there redirected to etf2l. Joined a team as scout and I was utter crap at it. But someone that sometimes merced for us said I had potential so he started getting me in mixes (hi profane!). My scouting never really improved so that really didn’t go anywhere. The team folded at some point and I was picked up by Spin’s Angels (hi Mailbawx!) who then shortly afterward folded too. Me and two others from that team set out to make a new team, and I decided to make the switch to medic, because at the time I thought it was easy (oh boy was I wrong!). Struggled a lot with the idea of having to do more than just hold M1, but eventually sort of got the hang of it. Recruited a few people, replaced a few people. This team was Team Colonslash. See you in div4 next season :)

oops i got a bit carried away

Last edited by Spike Himself,

alfa

I think TF2 is an innovative game that I enjoy playing for 3 years now and I think that if Valve keeps updating it, it will be even awesomer (also TF2TV and eXtv which keep the game alive and fun!). The thing that motivates me to play tf2, is the fact that you get to meet new people. I started playing in the european scene, and after I moved to Canada I started meeting new people and also having the chance to play in the American scene. Throughout the 3 years I have met alot of people and made alot of friends, so that’s kinda what gives me the motivation. In my opinion it’s nice to play the game you like specially when you play it with the people you like and enjoy the time with. Take vertex for example. Playing with them for over an year now and even if we had dark times, we managed to get over it not only because we are a united team but because we are all friends and enjoy to spend the nights playing tf2 together :P .

Shoutout to Vertex and THPS, best friends and players I have ever met in TF2!

Last edited by alfa,

Square

Playing TF2 since I left WoW (about 2 years and an half) because blizzard was screwing things and the content was “TOO EZ OMG”.
Choose TF2 because a friend of mine was bored and told me to play the game with him. Day after day I started to understand how the game worked and tried some competitive.
The competitive itself is the thing that keeps me to play this game, it’s the only reason that motivates me to spend my time to play on this game and not on css, on which I can’t throw grenades, or cod, where I get fragged like a motherfuck. Just love to spend 5 evening per week playing with other 5 friends, or meeting funny people on pub servers.
Another reason is the background of the characters and the setting, I just love this industrial-ish landscape.
What else? Oh, English training, this game is helping my speaking sk33ls a lot, now I can write something that people can understand (I hope), before TF2 was like “HURR HURR PENIS DERF HURR”

Heh, enjoyed this “why tf2?” question, never thought about it.

Last edited by Square,

RaCio

GoT²

I think I already have pokernight.

Square

Last edited by Square,

ruatonalle

FRL

I bought orange box june 2008 and thought that tf2 was awesome game. Then for some reason I had almost one year pause from the game and played wow almost all the time. About a year ago few of my friends interested the game and I started playing it more aswell. Then I found few guys from public who decided to start playing competitive and they needed scout, so I joined them. Well I suck as a scout and chaged main soon to soldier. Now i have played with these guys about a year and my skills are much better, I’m still playing soldier as my main but I have some experiense from mixes as a demo and medic.

I like this game alot, because it’s so versatile (if that is the right word) and I have had alot friends from the game during the year.
I haven’t never had interest about “realistic” fpses like cod and css (well they are fun games at lan with friends), but tf2 rocks hard.

Shoutout to zamn! my clan and flai gaming they are awesome guys.

Had a friend at school, sitting next to me who kept telling me about a game called team fortress 2. I wasn’t interested in it at all, I prefered RPGs over FPS games (in fact TF2 is my first FPS I actually played, I R noob :D ). Then on a school trip he showed me the meet the videos on his phone. Result? I bought the game the next day. First thing I installed it, he took me to a 32 man server, first class I ever tried was spy. Failed at it horribly, didn’t know you could cloak till another friend told me. Didn’t play TF2 after that for a month or two because of finals. After that I started playing again. I mained sniper which was my main for around 100 more hours of gameplay. Then my sniper aim left on vacation and I switched to FaN scout. I played arena most of the time (95% of the time). Then I started to get annoyed with the servers I regularly played on (I still can’t take 32 man servers or random crits :< ) And I found Ubercharged servers, mostly because I started to get interested in competitive play ( blame lots of good fragvids for that). Had my first PuG there and slowly got into etf2l. I became the leader of a team with 3 or members or so due to some circumstances (I pretty much got the team handed over), got through the hassle of getting a full team and had the wonderful luck of getting the best people ever into my team.
TF2 probably means more to me than it shut, counting all the times I got frustrated because I failed or because of my bad luck. But seriously I enjoy playing it, especially 6v6. The game itself is brilliant, yes, but what makes it really stand out are the people I guess.

FlagZero

guru
G-Yoda

I bought orange box (was a sweat deal) at the end of 2007. Started playing comp. in the days of 6v6 dustbowl and 2fort with demo limit 2 :)
For me Tf2 is special in its gameplay, fights in tf2 are almost always dog fights, face to face, there is no ducking behind cover and trying to hit the other guy who is doing the same thing while praying that nobody drops a bomb on you. The pace of teh game is great and you can rly. do some amazing frags and combos that are just lacking in other FPS-s. Mix of teamplay and individual gamesens is crucial for wining.
When you start playing with 5 other friends you truly can become a great team (killing machine), and that is the best part, when all the pieces come together and you start rolling.

P.S.
You have HAts! and maybe someday we get a house for every class so we can decorate and have parties and shit and if that ain’t worth playing tf2….

Last edited by FlagZero,

Dummy

i play tf2

Krimson

I wrote you a riddle;

My first is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Eam Forress 2,
My second is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Team Ortress 2,
My third is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Team Fortress.

What am i?!

Square

Quoted from Krimson

I wrote you a riddle;

My first is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Eam Forress 2,
My second is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Team Ortress 2,
My third is in Team Fortress 2 but not in Team Fortress.

What am i?!

Assasin’s creed 2

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I bought a gaming PC to play Total War: Medieval II as my crap top wouldn’t run it and I’d played the Rome version to death. Bought a copy of PC gamer that week which just happened to be reviewing the orange box. Each game 90%+, that’s for me, I thought.

Started with Portal, loved it, laughed out loud more times than I care to remember, ‘If you feel faint from thirst at any time…….please feel free to pass out.’ Tried Half life and got a little bored. Thought I’d try this weird TF2 thingy, was instantly hooked and spent my waking hours dreaming up places I could stick a sentry gun.

Had nil in the way of aim, being new to this FPS lark, so played a lot of engy and medic. Started a bit of Wireplay 7v7 class limit 2 on cp_pro_granary, and all that jazz back in the day. Got sick of carpets of stickies that couldn’t be shot.

Found 6v6 cl2 dl1 ml1 and became hooked all over again. Freakin’ love this game, the tactics, the roll outs, the class switching, the backstabs, the sticky traps and all the amazing moments that they bring.

Probably the only game I’ve ever played, (in public mode ofc!), where I would find it funny every time I died! Normally laughing at my own n00biness and fail.

tl:dr Only game I’ve ever really played online. Much love. I’m Terry Tibbs. Good night.

dougiie

CotC

monkeh wins

archy

WALL OF TEXT; SORRY.

When I bough my first game, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (I was a huge fan of the M&M series, but unfortunatelly I lost track of it), it felt so awesome. I think it is already over 4 years ago, but Im not really sure. However, I just got caught by the awesomeness of playing a game online, competing and messing around with others who actually are alive and no AIs. By the time, I happened to meet some regulars on ctf_servers (Hell, this game has never been really alive. More like dead from the minute it was born, lol.). I added them to the friens list. By the time we got better from stacking on pubs. We even played some clan wars against basically the only 2 other “clans” that were around in the world (lol). Jesus, we powned them hard. Really, only some russians (nice fellows though) were able to compete with us. However, there was a Swiss in this fun clan.(From what i am going to post, you can tell that he was no kind of poor.) In this clan, we played a lot of games: Cod4, some mods and had tons of fun. Then on some day, I messaged my Swiss and asked him for help with some game. He was a trusty person and asked me for my steam account details, which he received. Then, when I had my account back, I found it with the from those days Valve Complete Pack for 100$. He gifted me a game set for so much money, and I am still very thankful for that. Then we played some TF2 together, me and my fun clan, even the open Beta. My first experience in TF2: Joining a server, it was granary, I went the class right in the middle of the screen with the biggest gun (Heavy), ran around with fists and boxed a sentry gun to death, that was placed right in front of me by an engineer. So hilarious. Well I started to love this game, and above all: playing demoman. Oh boy, I tell you, just dominating dustbowl second stage first point with only one exit, was so awesome. Dealing about 45000 damage in one life, crits all over the place, and no chance of dying. It was so nice, back in the days. When I had passed something like my 200 hours of pub demo play, I played my first officials against Fracture// and later against [IDAC] and played against Chode and ryb. (The maps were dustbowl and 2fort, fyi. Medic limit 2. random crits on). I had played demo myself, I even had to be convinced to play demo, because I felt really nervous. (Shit, I was 15, it was my first official and took this shit serious, lol). However, we lost against Fracture// and [IDAC], obviously. They even rolled us hard. But the game was fun. It was fun to lose, just because of the game. TF2 was so unbelievalbe awesome back in the days. Being impressed by the play of Fracure// and [IDAC], and especially Chode and ryb, my demo opponents, I sticked to the game and class and guess what, I still love it today (Even though Valve somehow is ruining the game IMO.. too much content… too few fps. With my old computer, I had luck reaching my fps_max of 61 when staring at a wall, nobody in my area… haha). That is one reason, why I am making cp_collis for example.

I somehow feel that I should thank you for this topic, made me remember some really awesome stuff that happened to me while playing TF2, one of the greatest games ever made. And thanks to my Swiss, I got the chance to enjoy this awesome game. I do not have to explain why I dont play CoD or CS:S, do I? :p

Cheers

Last edited by archy,

Square

Quoted from archy

cut

was a nice reading

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »