Forum

vx2268wm refreshrate problem

Created 15th September 2010 @ 22:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Can’t get 120hz on anything but the native resolution, tried with refreshlock, catalyst contorl center and powerstrip, but only could get 120hz with powerstrip but it was kinda fuzzy somehow. Having read the intertubes for quite a bit regarding the matter and being unable to find an actual solution, I’m getting kinda desperate. I also know for a fact that 120hz on non-native resolutions is possible. Also, my gpu is 4870 w/ 512mb o’ memory.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Bump? :E

longas

are you using DVI or VGA?

quad

same problem with the samsung 120hz

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

DVI, don’t think you can get 120hz at all with vga. Atleast I couldn’t when I last tried.

AnimaL

prolly need to setup custom resolution with powerstrip with manual timings :] gl if u can find manual for that

auto timings arent made for 120Hz i imagine, therefor the fuzziness

Last edited by AnimaL,

Haunter

Are u using a dual link dvi cable?

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Rake

DVI, don’t think you can get 120hz at all with vga. Atleast I couldn’t when I last tried.

No idea if lcd’s etc are different but my CRT can do up to 160 fine with a vga cable into dvi converter so I doubt thats the problem

Last edited by Jims,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Haunter

Are u using a dual link dvi cable?

If native resolution works I doubt that would make a difference, lower resolution use less bandwidth.

Spicke

http://hardforum.com/

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Ofcourse it’s a dual-link, can’t get 120hz on native res without it. And jims, it is different I think, I did use a crt @ 144hz with a vga dvi converter and vga cable aswell.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

i thought 120hz was only possible at native res

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

It’s possible on a number of resolutions according to certain sources, namely cadred and esreality atleast. I’ve not been able to get it to work with modded .inf files either and ati refreshfix just fucked up all of my settings.

kim

idd.

What operating system are you using? Heard of stuff like this happening on 7 mostly. Using XP here, got a 2233RZ and ATI 4850 and everything’s working fine except for some resolutions which only go to 100, 80 or 60hz.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I’m on xp

Add A Reply Pages: 1