Intel vs AMD || nVidia vs ATI

Created 9th June 2010 @ 20:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

RareSpycrab

Quoted from pykow

[…]

im using i7-860
nvidia GT320 :(
And i want a cheap ass videocard and 5770 is around 160 euro.

First i have to finished my school, earn some money and BAM update my videocard.
results: Lowest fps 60 @ 1440×900 resolution on a 32 players server
6vs6 matches lowest fps 100;)

I suggest you go back a generation and get a hd4870 Ive seen them around for the 100 euro mark and supposedly they’re great for everything around

LUPUS

I didn’t know there were fanboys for component manufacturers..wow.

reactioN

right now

ati > nvidia
intel > amd

before 5xxx series

nvidia > ati

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from reactioN

right now

ati > nvidia
intel > amd

before 5xxx series

nvidia > ati

lol? Since the 8800 Ati>Nvidia and if you don’t include the i7 AMD>Intel.

xtala

Quoted from buNN

Price/performance ati wins at graphics, but I’m pretty sure that nvidia has better driver support(I use ati).

Amd is good for gaming, if you don’t want to oc. Intel cpu’s are good for overclockers, imo(doesn’t mean that amd are bad, but they are clocked pretty high @ default).

But anyways, it all depends what you do to your pc.

Haven’t noticed any difference in drivers tbh, they have the same quality.
AMD’s BE cpu’s oc pretty well btw :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from xtala

[…]

Haven’t noticed any difference in drivers tbh, they have the same quality.

i spilt my coffee

Azured

eureka

atm amd is fairly competitive with intel, primarily in the budget sector. Most of the i5 series is essentially overpriced (the only i5 I would consider is the i5-750), and as such there’s a pretty big market at the bottom where intel only has the i3 series to compete with. In my opinion, if your budget stretches to a i5-750, there really is no point in concidering anything else. Above that Intel reigns supreme, and below that amd offers compelling value, the one exception being power effeciency, as amds cpus tend to consume more power than their perfomance-competitors from intel. If you’re in to overclocking, intel is definately also a very compelling choice. AMD does offer quad, and even hexa core cpus at very reasonable prices aswell, so if you need the extra cores, amd is definately not a bad choice

In the gpu sector, currently nvidia has the crown for fastest single-gpu video card, but that’s mostly irrelevant as ati offers very good performance at a very attractive price, in the price range that really matters. It used to be (before the geforce 400 series) that the best competition to amds 5000 series was the 4000 series, and as such, good bargains could be had by finding 4000 series cards (HD4890 & 4850 were particularly popular), but they seem to have gone out of sale most places. The 5000 series is also quite power effecient compared to the geforce 400 series.

Traumatizer

C2A
.TK`

even though you might have to search some extra hours for the best drivers with ATI, it’s still worth the less costs

Norrland3000

Never had problems with ATI drivers.

AnimaL

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i spilt my coffee

what is it that u are able to do on one and not the other? i got both, cant tell difference… both got quality profiles depending on game and thats all i need tbh

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3