Forum

Casus Belli - The Fragmovie

Created 21st January 2010 @ 23:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

dinks

PLM

Quoted from m-ex

[…]

if playin vs 2-nd div mix, and they are nubs than ok ))) you are skilled player high++)

Ehm, can you yourself understand what the hell you meant with that? :D

Quoted from LETIshNick

mean.

(-) FaN, non-standart HUD, low+ enemies, simple mid-airs, NO SOUNDS IS AN EPIC FAIL (really)
(+) I haven’t been killed in this movie

Now, this could have been irony, but in that case it was quite bad. However, if you really did mean it, then I find your complaints weak. FaN is a weapon like any other and quite often used so there’s no reason to act like including it in a fmovie is some-kinda sacrilege.

Low+ is hardly a minus as long as the frags are interesting and the movie itself well made. And the frags in here are interesting if you look at them in their context, which is low+ context. That’s called empathy, I believe. Pretty handy trick, that thing. :) This isn’t so much to you while more for the higher skilled players despising low skilled fmovies and the low-skilled wannabes doing the same. Oh wait …

Anyway, on with the show – everybody includes mid-airs and, again, from a low+ context I wouldn’t call them that simple either. Although repeating that triple airshot was rather a minus since we all already saw it in the first time and there is rarely a need to repeat a frag, despite how cool it looked in the creators opinion (hint – it shall probably never look as cool in the viewer’s view anyway :) ). However, I liked showing the demo+solly taking down half the team from different perspectives.

No sound really isn’t an epic fail. For an example that you might actually find satisfying, remember Reptile’s? At least in its heyday since it seems to be cool to dislike it today. Also, while already on the sound, then I quite liked the ’emo shite music’, although I wouldn’t go as far as to call it original.

Well, I left the Hud for the last since, really, whining about using a custom hud? I’m impressed, I really am.

So, hmm, despite the occasional lack of sync and the not-so-original headshot messages in the end, I quite enjoyed the 9 minutes so I’m rather inclined to say a fmovie well made. /clap

wai

TEZC
TEZC

– 7/10 hated the music and im fed up of spire kills now xD

LETIshNick

eehq

Quoted from dinks

Reptile’s?

emm… There are sounds in Reptile’s fragmovie. But very-very quite ones =]

Last edited by LETIshNick,

larry

NMI

nice frags, syncronised well, just didnt like the music

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

good frags, shit music, fine fragvid, liked it

buNN

I liked it

Klevah

what was the first song (intro)

Wiiking

im a sucker for ingame sounds :D so i would like some of that, but the overall impression of ur work is good :) it looks sweet (well i hated the fan part but thats cuz of the weapon) :P

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Love the outro, sick stuff, it’s so original!

m-ex

v. existence

Quoted from Klevah

what was the first song (intro)

Intro. Грубый Ниоткуда – Тихо

Johnny Jackal

Here is what I would have done to futher improve the movie:

– Make it shorter, be more selective of the frags you put in. This movie didnt manage to interest me all the way to the end. Try to give the movie a certain feel to it. A bit hard to explain this one. But take rej blows for example: Definitely has a style over it, and this helps the flow of the movie.

– The arrow telling the playernames and music didnt work for me. But this is more a personal taste issue.

Other then that: Good quality and some nice sync here and there.

dinks

PLM

Quoted from LETIshNick

[…]

emm… There are sounds in Reptile’s fragmovie. But very-very quite ones =]

Yes, I was aware of the fact, but decided to present it as an example nevertheless since they are indeed oh so very-very quiet and easy to miss. Yes, I should have mentioned it, but what has been done cannot be undone, and it doesn’t really matter that much anyway since from your comments the one regarding sound or no sound comes down to subjective taste the most (well, excluding the only positive thing you found in the vid). What made all the difference was you caps’ing it and calling the lack of sound a failure of epic proportions. :)

Last edited by dinks,

sKaz

KP

great movie! great frags! great music!
10/5 :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2