Forum

TF2 movie config updated.

Created 26th October 2009 @ 15:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

Some of you might have used the pldx movie config already. Yesterday I finished making some updates to it and thought that it would be useful to share it on here.

The config makes recording demos to video files a lot easier and includes the hud files to remove everything except the cross hair and death notices.

Some things that I updated in the config:
– Improved the launch menu, added some more features to it.
– The game menu detects recorded files and will not overwrite them
– Improved the in-game movie menu.
– You can now browse the menu with F1 and F2 and change/select settings with F3.
– Added the depth overlay option in the menu. More on it here
– Improved the third person view. The camera speed can be changed. The camera position can be locked.
– The lock crosshair and viewmodel options have also been improved.
– Added small things like cl_autoreload 0…

Read the tutorial for the movie config here

Download the updated movie menu (recommended) here

Download just the movie config here

More movie files can be found on the tutorial page

If you have any problems or want some new features in the config, then just let me know.

Thanks

Ragard

This is fucking awesome! thank you!

Really nice work again Salmon! Did anyone test the cl_autoreload thingie? I remember i tried it to remove the bugged reload effect but it didnt work.

Last edited by dusty,

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

I think someone posted it here on the forums a while back, haven’t tried it myself though…

flushy

P.O.P

awesome cfg Salmon… just one problem, after ive closed the cfg and exited the menu as i was told to in the tutorial the cfg overwrites the settings i had previously, so i end up trying to play with the best settings afterwards XD eh how do i stop this happeneing (im pretty sure im doing something wrong)

Hiper

-YSND-

Nice work updating the cfg,thank you.

Last edited by Hiper,

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

If you mean the in-game settings then you need to edit the pldx.cfg found in the team fortress 2/moviefiles/tf/cfg/ folder. There are descriptions on what to change in the config…

Last edited by Salmon,

Gubbins

Op4

THANKS! this is awesome ^_^

Grem

rEJ
TG

I know I might have posted this somewhere else, but have one of you PLDX lads figured out how to highlight your own killnotices when POV’ing using STV demos?

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

nope, but haven’t looked into it. I think it would be pretty hard, you would probably be better off editing the video in vegas or whatever program you use to edit your videos.

Mordi

≧◡≦

Error!

Setup file ‘gameinfo.txt’ doesn’t exist in subdirectory ‘tf’. Cheack your -game paremeter or VCONFIG setting.

I’m looking in the ‘tf’ directory, and every txt. files have disappeared!
Where the hell is it now?

wer

tfortress.no

Error!

Setup file ‘gameinfo.txt’ doesn’t exist in subdirectory ‘tf’. Cheack your -game paremeter or VCONFIG setting.

Always keep a backup. Files gets deleted if they’re changed in an update.

Mordi

≧◡≦

Error!

Always keep a backup. Files gets deleted if they’re changed in an update.

edited,
nvm, found these bastards in the bin :D

Last edited by Mordi,

tal

10kB

Great work! Have been using it for a while.

Mordi

≧◡≦

Ey Salmon.
I’ve got the old verson when i need to use cmd.
I’m trying to download the new verson, but it’s still the old one :/

This one, except there and more options on the one I’ve got now
http://www.pldx.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=84&sid=c84c1f9684036563ec65e30979c74c68

I want this one;
http://www.pldx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Mats/2009/06/menu.jpg

Could you just link the download here plz? :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »