Forum

Competitive CFG comparison video

Created 10th February 2014 @ 22:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]except bypassing sv pure rule is not vac bannable offense while using proper hacks is

And that’s relevant how? Are you saying that the only reason people don’t hack is because they’re scared of a VAC? You gotta be kidding me.

quintosh

wL.

i love team fortress 2

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

And that’s relevant how? Are you saying that the only reason people don’t hack is because they’re scared of a VAC? You gotta be kidding me.

Because, believe it or not, there are some hackers that don’t want to get caught. That’s why not everyone uses speedhack 100% crit namechanging aimbot.

Setsul

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Because, believe it or not, there are some hackers that don’t want to get caught. That’s why not everyone uses speedhack 100% crit namechanging aimbot.

Don’t forget nospread for heavy!

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from Bona

[…]
ITT
Flat textures = bans & aimbots, and a lot of blind Stones

You may not have been here long enough to remember this but a lot of us fought long and hard (lol) to keep our picmip 6, higher fov and whatnot but we ended up losing. Now some cool guy comes swagging in using mat textures like it’s nothing and the admins doesn’t even seem to care. I suspect this might be a reason some people, including me, are bitter. However, I also suspect certain people in this thread likes to argue just for the sake of arguing (tbf it’s hilarious) which is probably closer to the truth.

Cheers

-cAPS

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dAGNER

However, I also suspect certain people in this thread likes to argue just for the sake of arguing

Need to do something at work, right?

Bona

PMW

Quoted from dAGNER

[…]

You may not have been here long enough to remember this but a lot of us fought long and hard (lol) to keep our picmip 6, higher fov and whatnot but we ended up losing. Now some cool guy comes swagging in using mat textures like it’s nothing and the admins doesn’t even seem to care. I suspect this might be a reason some people, including me, are bitter. However, I also suspect certain people in this thread likes to argue just for the sake of arguing (tbf it’s hilarious) which is probably closer to the truth.

Cheers

-cAPS

you dishonor me

svins

alus
P.O.P

The config on right side looks better so i take that.

svins

alus
P.O.P

mge me, stone

Bona

PMW

Quoted from svins

mge me, stone

oki :#3
add me :$$

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from dAGNER

[…] However, I also suspect certain people in this thread likes to argue just for the sake of arguing

fuck YEAH!

speaking of which:

That’s not quite what I meant to suggest. I was more aiming at the fact we can’t even begin to prove or investige when nobody has complained about it (i.e. nobody in the admin team was aware). But yeah I didn’t word that quite as accurately as I could or should have.

So now that you have been made aware of the rulebreak, what is the exact reason not to enforce the rule now???

If you don’t enforce it, the only reason I see for not enforcing it is because none of the parties involved had any problem with the rulebreak. But then you say:

Of course we are not fine with teams mutually agreeing on breaking the rules and keeping it to themselves

So you shóuld enforce the rule then? But then you say:

Still, I am not going to go back to this match to invalidate it. If the opponents, who were possibly at a disadvantage, feel that the game was fair, then for all I care the game was fair.

Which, I’m sorry to say, does again boil down to “if both teams have no problem with the rulebreak, its permitted”

Again, that doesn’t mean we are ok with rule breaks. I just like to keep in mind the reason we are here and the reason these rules exist: to host a league for teams to play against eachother – and that is exactly what happened.

But the funny thing is is that some rules are being enforced just for the sake of enforcing them to retarded limits.

I will speak out of own experience, not that I care about the issue any more, but just because this is a situation I know. So just to be clear: I don’t want to raise the issue itself, I just want to use it as an example.

When we played our season’s first game vs Dotter, this fact was announced on the ETF2L frontpage ( http://etf2l.org/2014/02/06/season-17-powered-by-tt-esports-dotter-vs-fenneks-esports/ ). As you can see, the newspost even mentions that we would use Sheepy as scout, which makes it safe to say that ETF2L (and obviously the casters) were aware of this lineup decision. Yet after the game we are still issued a minor warning for not reporting Sheepy’s nickname? Please tell me what the point of enforcing this rule after the fact, and actually penalizing a team is, even though NO party was negatively affected by this “rule break”.

But then on the other hand, you have an official game on a server that is incorrectly configured, and you don’t enforce rules there? Even though I think it’s way more important to be strict and consistent where there is even any REMOTE chance of abuse (and incorrectly setting up a server indeed facilitates that possibility). Why? Because both teams had no problem with it (you seem to try and claim that that is not a valid reason to not penalize a rulebreak, yet for this case it seems to be thé only valid reason to not penalize the rulebreak, aside from some vague mention of an unspecified timeframe that has already passed)

Like I said, please just admit that ETF2L adminning is a cherry picking process with, to certain limits, arbitrary decisions, instead of deciding to rationally defend the specific decision concerning this topic’s issue, or else stay silent and keep maintaining the ETF2L status quo.

Last edited by skeej,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from skeej

[…]

admins are froglovers

dAGNER

duplo

I remember playing an official with sv_cheats 1 on and instant re-spawn (no really). Shit was so cash
http://etf2l.org/matches/34929/
http://i.imgur.com/rXZ7RrV.gif

Bona

PMW

I love etf2l, people making page long arguments and replies for… nothing?
cyka

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Could you not have tftrue report sv_pure to status, and minor warnings for setting it wrong.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »