Source Recording Tool

Created 12th January 2014 @ 23:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Jack

skybox not working?

Aron Parker

Quoted from Japtor

[…]
Same. Unfortunately the recorder crashes immediately right after opening.

Hi,

you need to install .NET Framework 4.5 in order for the latest version to work

Kaneco

any chance you can make the code public like lawena?

https://github.com/iabarca/lawena-recording-tool

Phnx

Quoted from Jack

skybox not working?

nothing custom works for me:(

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Kaneco

any chance you can make the code public like lawena?

https://github.com/iabarca/lawena-recording-tool

https://github.com/hl3mukkel/SourceRecordingTool

Kaneco

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

https://github.com/hl3mukkel/SourceRecordingTool

Oh sorry I didn’t notice that.

On another note, could you add a full graphic config locker to the program? I had huge issues recording my own povs because it kept re-execing my fps config so I had to create a full locked gfx config (empty alias for all the cvars)

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Oh sorry I didn’t notice that.

On another note, could you add a full graphic config locker to the program? I had huge issues recording my own povs because it kept re-execing my fps config so I had to create a full locked gfx config (empty alias for all the cvars)

It’s quite stupid to lock graphics cvars since you might want to change them as a movie maker. If you really need it you can create it yourself. But ideally you shouldn’t make an fps config re-exec every time you change class or whatever, just have a seperate config for autoexec (where you put in the fps configs so it only executes once) and one for cvars you want to execute everytime you switch class.

Kaneco

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

It’s quite stupid to lock graphics cvars since you might want to change them as a movie maker. If you really need it you can create it yourself. But ideally you shouldn’t make an fps config re-exec every time you change class or whatever, just have a seperate config for autoexec (where you put in the fps configs so it only executes once) and one for cvars you want to execute everytime you switch class.

Well all my class configs just run unbind all, the class crosshair switcher and then the autoexec, thus running the gfx config after each class.
Which is why I had to lock every cvar for my movie config.

I don’t think it’s stupid to lock these. A moviemaker rarely changes gfx cvars mid game or mid recording session, and if it does, it would require a restart anyway because any major change in the gfx cvars bug the fuck out of all demos.

Also you never know what stupid shit demos have (and they exec the client config on you everytime), and for people who play demos from a lot of different people you’re bound to come accross some really crazy cfgs that will mess your recording so the most cvars that are locked the better for me

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Kaneco

Also you never know what stupid shit demos have (and they exec the client config on you everytime), and for people who play demos from a lot of different people you’re bound to come accross some really crazy cfgs that will mess your recording so the most cvars that are locked the better for me

When you load someone else’s POV demo, their settings end up in your config.cfg. An easy solution is to put all your settings in a separate file, for example myconfig.cfg. Exec that from autoexec.cfg and you never have to worry about POV demos ruining your settings ever again.

…but I think that’s pretty much what you were saying…

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Kaneco

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

When you load someone else’s POV demo, their settings end up in your config.cfg. An easy solution is to put all your settings in a separate file, for example myconfig.cfg. Exec that from autoexec.cfg and you never have to worry about POV demos ruining your settings ever again.

…but I think that’s pretty much what you were saying…

Exactly and lawena pretty much prevents that with the copying of your custom folders and then a later replace after the game is closed. But it still can mess you up while in the recording session.

Let’s say I run 4-5 demos (for play of the day) in the same session, chances are, when I get around recording anything I will have a lot of messed up settings because cvars aren’t locked.

I’m not complaining, I knew I needed the cvar lock so I did it myself, I just think it should be a feature an optional feature in the tool, if anything would make it more complete.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Well all my class configs just run unbind all, the class crosshair switcher and then the autoexec, thus running the gfx config after each class.
Which is why I had to lock every cvar for my movie config.

I don’t think it’s stupid to lock these. A moviemaker rarely changes gfx cvars mid game or mid recording session, and if it does, it would require a restart anyway because any major change in the gfx cvars bug the fuck out of all demos.

Don’t have the autoexec executed on class-switch. Or have a seperate .cfg file for your gfx config and execute it via launch options. As a movie maker it makes perfect sense to want to be able to edit some cvars like HDR, color correction, motion blur etc. depending on want you want to achieve.

.zero

-chess-

I can’t launch the application for some reason, any idea why?

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

install NET.framework

Otis

If tf2 is installed on external hdd or just under another directory, the program becomes unable to find executable file.

navitsu

omg it’s beautiful :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »