Forum

Almie's Recording Tool (BETA, Works with SteamPipe)

Created 13th May 2013 @ 22:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Leif

Game starts successfully but I cant load any demo.

Golden

Recorded some demos with this tool, seems like it worked and after that, i left tf2 and i quit the recording tool. Then I just started tf2 normally through steam and for some reason it showed me same stuff like starting with recording tool. Tried to restard pc and steam, but it still starts the same as starting with that tool. Any help how to fix it?

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Golden

Recorded some demos with this tool, seems like it worked and after that, i left tf2 and i quit the recording tool. Then I just started tf2 normally through steam and for some reason it showed me same stuff like starting with recording tool. Tried to restard pc and steam, but it still starts the same as starting with that tool. Any help how to fix it?

Try launching the tool and pressing the emergency restore config button. Also, if you put the tool somewhere in your tf2 folder in steamapps, try moving it elsewhere, for some reason it causes bugs for some people.

Last edited by Almie,

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Golden

silly golden lol, why would restarting your pc or steam would help, its the config xD

azn

Quoted from Leif

Game starts successfully but I cant load any demo.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

theres a bug where sometimes the TGAs overwrite themselves
i just recorded 3 sequences, 1st was a pov, 2nd was a smooth and 3rd was a smooth too, when i came to compress em i only had a1 and b2, and a1 had the whole 2nd smooth, and in the end a tiny bit of the 1st pov…
it used to happened from time to time in PLDX too, dunno if its fixable

and could you also add an option to delete everything in the records folder?

Tiky

Path to TF2: C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonTeam Fortress 2
Recording path: C:UsersRayaneDesktopfmmoviefile
– Applying settings…
– Backing up config… Done, Done
– Installing movie config…
—- HUD…
ERROR: 124

Any idea of whats wrong ?

Houdini

salut rayane

Tiky

Bien ?

Opti

REMOVE

Quoted from azn

[…]

Almie

pwn!
gum

I know about the bugs with being unable to play demos, I have been super busy and I also will be super busy this upcoming week though, but after that I will rewrite the configs and make sure there are no errors. I know it’s quite a long wait, but I just don’t have the time to work on it right now :(

For those that REALLY want to get this working right now, I suggest experimenting with configs – open up moviecfg/cfg/pldx.cfg, because the cause of this is there somewhere. You could maybe replace the whole thing with chris maxquality config, which would leave you with some options in the tool not working and you would have to do stuff manually, like no more keyboard shortcuts and thirdperson camera keys, but the graphics quality would still be good and it wouldnt affect stuff like HUD, skybox or particles. Just make sure the file is still called pldx.cfg. If someone actually makes the effort to try this, be sure to inform me about the result, its important as I actually dont have this problem making it even more difficult to fix. Thanks for bearing with me if you did.

Last edited by Almie,

So i tried using this and now that i’m done my hitsound won’t work.

I’v replaced all the custom stuff that almie brought in with my original stuff from the software’s backup. My hitsound file is in the exact same location with the exact same name.
I even downloaded my hitsound back but it still won’t work.

It’s on in the advanced options and i’v tried turning it off and on again with no success.

Help please?

Fixed:
Ok, so the software sets your dingaling volume to 0
tf_dingaling_volume “1.5”
helped.

Last edited by nahka,

Almie

pwn!
gum

Hmm it should revert it back to normal afterwards though… I will look into it.

Kaneco

I just tried it for the first time.

It looks great, but I can’t use it because the start record bind is not working.

What’s supposed to be the default bind? Because on the console menu it shows

– – – – – – – – -|>> Start/Stop Recording Video
Unknown command “recavi”

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Kaneco

I just tried it for the first time.

It looks great, but I can’t use it because the start record bind is not working.

What’s supposed to be the default bind? Because on the console menu it shows

– – – – – – – – -|>> Start/Stop Recording Video
Unknown command “recavi”

F12. I will fix the config so it displays so properly soon.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »