Forum

Almie's Recording Tool (BETA, Works with SteamPipe)

Created 13th May 2013 @ 22:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from Josh

[…]

prec_delete_useless_demo 1 in console in tf2.
Auto deletes any demo with no bookmarks/killstreaks.

I dont want to use this because the league rules state that you neeed to have demos for the whole season, so I would be deleting demos from official matches

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Just prec_bookmark once when the game starts.

cxcgxyg

ERROR (while backing up custom): 1223
there are slashes but they don’t copy

Last edited by cxcgxyg,

beach

[DA]
[DA]

The model for the pipe launcher is very jagged with the pldx config it seems, dunno if anyone else has had this / has a fix for it?? As in the barrels aren’t round if you know what I mean :)

edit: i assume it’s some sort of graphics setting that needs changing but i dunno what :P

Last edited by beach,

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from beach

The model for the pipe launcher is very jagged with the pldx config it seems, dunno if anyone else has had this / has a fix for it?? As in the barrels aren’t round if you know what I mean :)

edit: i assume it’s some sort of graphics setting that needs changing but i dunno what :P

I just checked and it doesnt happen to me…
These are the graphics settings applied by the config:
r_lod -5 ;mat_antialias 8 ;mat_picmip -10 ;mat_aaquality 2 ;mat_trilinear 1 ;mat_forceaniso 16 ;r_shadows 1 ;r_shadowrendertotexture 1 ;r_waterforcereflectentities 1 ;r_waterforceexpensive 1 ;mat_drawwater 1 ;mat_reducefillrate 0 ;mat_hdr_enabled 1 ;mat_hdr_level 2 ;mat_vsync 0 ; mat_colorcorrection 0 ;mp_decals 4098 ;cl_ragdoll_fade_time 600 ;cl_ragdoll_collide 1 ;mp_usehwmmodels 1 ;mp_usehwmvcds 1 ;cl_new_impact_effects 1

If I were to guess I would say it has something to do with r_lod.

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from cxcgxyg

ERROR (while backing up custom): 1223
there are slashes but they don’t copy

That means operation cancelled by user. Its probably not your fault. These weird errors are probably because I am using SHFileOperation to copy files around which is kind of old and buggy, but the newer IFileOperation doesnt work with XP. I am probably going to implement IFileOperation and put in an option for using the older one for XP machines.

cxcgxyg

Quoted from Almie

[…]
That means operation cancelled by user. Its probably not your fault. These weird errors are probably because I am using SHFileOperation to copy files around which is kind of old and buggy, but the newer IFileOperation doesnt work with XP. I am probably going to implement IFileOperation and put in an option for using the older one for XP machines.

so there’s nothing i can do to fix it?

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from cxcgxyg

[…]
so there’s nothing i can do to fix it?

A lot of people said that they fixed their errors and they dont even know what they did. You can try moving the recording tool somewhere else on your hard drive. If you have it somewhere in your tf2 directory, move it out, some bugs are caused by this, no idea why. Then you can try running as admin or closing other applications that might interfere with the tool.

konr

Quoted from konr

It decided to only use two slots, so I’m left with the last two clips I recorded, using a1 and b2. 4 clips gone!

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from konr

[…]

Once again, doesnt happen for me, but I will take a further look at the configs.

Phnx

Quoted from Almie

[…]
Once again, doesnt happen for me, but I will take a further look at the configs.

I have a wierd problem where it doesn’t show me viewmodel doesn’t matter if I type r_drawviewmodel 1, (settings are on always show). and the ready counter is counting down to a -. that means after 40 seconds it’s -40 and it still counts.
+no projectiles/shotgun flash is seen.
That’s really wierd.

Mr. Cr0ss

I can’t open old demos from year 2010, well, it actually opens but it just loads a map without playing a demo, normal TF2 can run it.

aura

Quoted from Mr. Cr0ss

I can’t open old demos from year 2010, well, it actually opens but it just loads a map without playing a demo, normal TF2 can run it.

good demos like fine wine get even better with age?

Saya

lesquen
pd!

Ty for using my skybox <3

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

add option to use the default tf2 crosshair size 32 white (sometimes i play demos and the crosshair suddenly pink…)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »