Forum

Departure by Cla

Created 1st August 2012 @ 17:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

That first frag was beast, the bestestest.

:D Nice work Cla, forever a fanboy <3

Septique

Quoted from WeStRacer

*Pointless rant*

It was more artistic to my eye than the most of the fragclips with dubstep(etc.) on them. This is just my view of the of the video. Don’t question everything people write here. Everyone here have different taste in everything. Peace out.

Last edited by Septique,

iQue

keso

Great sync and music. The kill notices worked great but I still instinctively looked for them in the upper right :D

Some ideas worked better than others, I particularly like the zoom in on the soldier headshot at 1:08. Some effects seemed unnecessary but that’s just the editing purist in me talking. Good shit as always

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

I don´t quite get the switch of the kill notices away from top right, why not just zoom in on it when you wanna put the viewers focus on that in a certain moment…
other than that, solid work, enjoyable and well done.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from WeStRacer

Are you kidding me? I can’t see/hear any sync except sometimes on sniperrifle. Almost every sound is unsynced from weapon animation.

There is a lot of sync
Watch it again

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

I couldn’t stop watching the kill feed because it was moved. It drew so much attention and it distracted me from actually watching the frags.

The frame-blending(?) is poor and made fast moving sections very uneasy to watch.

The smooths were very well done I thought. You could frame that image of the bombing soldier in the sun, looked outstanding.

The sync was nice and subtle. Music was alright. The frags are the best shown so far in this contest I believe.

The little editing touches were very hit and miss for me. Some soft focuses made certain sections look pretty good whilst other effects seem either unnecessary or distracting.

I think this movie is a contender for the competition winner though..

Last edited by TurboTabs,

Boostie

what?

What’s wrong with you? You were the best until you returned back with pop culture. Great music turns to a monotonic shit without any sync. Sick edited movies become to be just a fragshows with some smooths. but that is the point, people don’t like when they “can’t see frags, only effects”.

Anyway, frags were great, nothing interesting on CC (like always), and the idea of moving deathnotices to different place is original, but it seems like the entire movie holds only on it, and i can’t notice out something else=

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from WeStRacer

[…]
If you can’t see frags even in this movie, you must buy glasses.

true story right here yo
anyhoe, as said, im a bit disappointed from this one, was expectin more from you :[
still a good movie, but a bit dry and boring compared to your previous movies…

palker

You could frame that image of the bombing soldier in the sun, looked outstanding.

+1.
Any chance of getting a HD image of the said soldier. It would make nice wallpaper.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Thought it was great.

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Quoted from Monkeh

Thought it was great.

This.

The kill notices’ placement was strange, and yeah it was basically “Airshot: the Movie”, but it was otherwise an awesome movie. A cut above the rest, as always.

Maybe in your next movie you should chill with the editing. Go for some minimalist stuff.

Last edited by Sylosin,

alfa

Quoted from WeStRacer

[…]
If you can’t see frags even in this movie, you must buy glasses.

you missed the entire point

if I would tell you to recall a frag that you liked in the movie (without watching it for some time) I can bet you won’t remember any frag because you were too distracted with the editing

meanwhile if I would ask you to remember a frag from a movie such as Random Damage, you could perfectly recall the frags because it was smoothly edited

Last edited by alfa,

ThePledge

Cla, dude, I’ve always been a fan, even since the days we worked together for tf2tv (even though it was short). So I went into this expecting a lot, without reading the comments but I did read your text.

It was good. Very good. The moving kill hud thingy? Don’t care, it looked cool, it was different and you try out stuff and wait to see how the public responds to it. I have nothing but respect for that. There are two things that I would like to touch on though:

1. There was a guy who’s name had something to do with “anal cancer”. Please, don’t ever use something like that in a public fragmovie or at least remove the killhud then. It puts me and probably some other people off.
2. The bit after you started the ratatat-part, if I can call it that, was a little weird. I think you could’ve done a better job overall, because the last part definetly felt less good than the first 3 minutes.

Either way, the first 3 minutes of video were fantastic. I loved it, I was into it and I didnt want it to stop. I’m even getting me some Ed Harrison into my playlist because I loved the tunes.

Thanks for another job well done Cla, you will be my favorite editor once again until you make a new movie. Then we will review it again :D

– Pledge

Last edited by ThePledge,

Monkeh

What hogwash Alfa. I watched the movie just before going to bed last night, I was tired, stoned and looking forward to some sleep. I still remember many of the frags, including the kritz air rocket, medic juggle, 1 shot 2 kills on scouts, nice sniping on gullywash, “both sollies have jumped” airshot…was there 2 of them, yes, yes there was and no, I haven’t just watched it again.

:p

Last edited by Monkeh,

cc//

Perfect as always :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »