Forum

TF2 COD frag movie parody

Created 16th July 2012 @ 22:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

He obviously has great editing skills. The quality of the movie is really high, but it wasn’t entertaining to watch due to the amount of effects. Still really nicely made :)

WeStRacer

what?

Quoted from Mits

I honestly don’t mind the edit, even though it has nothing to do with tf2. He obviously put a lot of his time and effort on this movie and i appreciate that. What really drove me off the movie were the fake frags he put into there, it’s just so bad to do something like that imo.

None of frags were faked

Ozku

|bV|
Panda

I respect the amount of effort the author put into this but the constant jump cutting between the frags made it really unappealing to watch. Sorry, but showing only half second clips where people get killed doesn’t really show any skill it took to execute those frags =/

severus

burn

TF2 frags and cod/css editing just don’t fit together, always try to say that to the editors on youtube who make that mistake.

Probably talking on the behalf of most TF2 players who watch fragmovies when I say that we enjoy clean movies with little to no edit. We want to see the whole situation in normal speed instead of just a glimpse of someone dying, on double speed and a shitload of effects, blur and extra colors.

Regen

nf.
9F

Meh, if you ‘hate’ on this kinda stuff you’re pretty shallow imo.
So you’d rather have 1500 of the same styled tf2 frag movies. cool.
People have their own styles and build up the movies from what they think is nice, you don’t HAVE to like it.
Especially when he’s obviously a sick editor after seeing what he can do.

Last edited by Regen,

severus

burn

Quoted from Regen

Meh, if you ‘hate’ on this kinda stuff you’re pretty shallow imo.
So you’d rather have 1500 of the same styled tf2 frag movies. cool.
People have their own styles and build up the movies from what they think is nice, you don’t HAVE to like it.
Especially when he’s obviously a sick editor after seeing what he can do.

The thing just is, that he is pretty much shooting himself in the foot by using TF2 frags instead of cod/css.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from severus

[…]

The thing just is, that he is pretty much shooting himself in the foot by using TF2 frags instead of cod/css.

Surely the majority of the tf2 community won’t like his style of editing and music, but there’s allready 5000 of the ‘normal’ editing ones.
Maybe he’s doing this for a different audience that does enjoy watching these

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

frags seem to be legit especially the 30000 headshots in a row killstreak

evokje

WiK?

I swear these days frag movies have 123123 sniper frags and 4 frags from other classes…

Last edited by evokje,

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

gets annoying

Sketch

MM

Loved it!

Hits the criteria for the movie comp perfectly. its nothing like any tf2 movie. Great edit, great stylisation, cool intro. music was terrible but fitted with the cs/cod4 edits
examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_d-2spYPI&feature=player_detailpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_d-2spYPI&feature=player_detailpage

I cant think you can complain that he has done a bad job on the movie :D

Sketch

MM

hit quote not edit *

Last edited by Sketch,

Mits

Quoted from WeStRacer

[…]
None of frags were faked

Well some of them look prety fishy, especially the first one. I mean killing 8 enemies as sniper all headshots, repeated classes so there’s either a respawn waiting time or it’s a pub frag (no problems with either, just pointing them out), and no friendlies seen in the entire duration of the frag? Might be coincidence, but it looks strange atleast.

Anyway, i don’t want to be a hater or anything, so i will not keep pressuring this point. It’s a nice movie, maybe a little bit of a risky move when it’s made for a Competition that is partially voted by a community that, as you have possibly seen already, doesn’t really dig styles like this. The music wasn’t that good in my opinion, but it is unfair to give cricticism on that because it’s down to personal preference. The editing obviously took you a lot of effort and time, so even if it doesn’t fit my preferences regarding movies i still appreciate what you did, as i said before.

I wish you the best of luck in the competition

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Mits

[…]

Well some of them look prety fishy, especially the first one. I mean killing 8 enemies as sniper all headshots, repeated classes so there’s either a respawn waiting time or it’s a pub frag (no problems with either, just pointing them out), and no friendlies seen in the entire duration of the frag? Might be coincidence, but it looks strange atleast.

I’m pretty sure some weeks back someone made a thread about this guy and his snipings, can’t seem to find it though

Mits

Quoted from Regen

[…]

I’m pretty sure some weeks back someone made a thread about this guy and his snipings, can’t seem to find it though

Yeah i remember it, it was basically a very suspicious frag where the sniper didn’t miss a single shot and it looked triggerbot-ish, but i can’t find it either

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »