Forum

lawena recording tool

Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 31 Next »

Montz

Quoted from Lateralus

[…]
Do you know how to install PLDX particles to only use with this tool? since i don’t want to use them when i play normal.

The tool does not support particles per se, but you can add them and remove them manually with no problem.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Not much I can do in that regard, the file chooser is a native java library, so I cannot debug it.

If it is really impossible for you to choose your tf directory via file chooser, you can add it manually to the file. To do this, close the tool, go to your lawena directory, create a new file with your notepad, name it tfdir.lwf and write your tf directory path in it. Then open the tool and it should recognize your tf directory.

well its not just the directory, even the settings when I have actually opened the program do the same thing. impossible to select. Guess there is no fix for this. what a shame, was looking forward to maybe making some clips again

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Fixed now great tool ;)

Gideon

When i press “start tf2” button nothing happens.

Whiteglow

same problem with running tf2
win7 x64

Gladdy

Great tool! Everything works fine for me, only the ‘register editor’ message when you quit tf2 is slightly annoying if you just want to restart it for the sake of removing the numbers in a smoothed demo.

Win7 x64
Java 6 Update 24

Montz

Just wanted to notify everyone that thanks to the help of our friends at ozfortress, I was able to identify the problem that caused some people to be unable to start tf2 via the tool. I will fix it in the next update, which is probably coming this weekend.

About the registry edit thing, I’m thinking of including an option to disable it, but disabling it means that you have to put your desired directx level in your launch options, otherwise you’ll be stuck with dxlevel 98 everytime you use lawena.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Some suggestions:
– I have net_graph bound to a key, it still shows up when recording which is very annoying, try and find a day to remove it like PLDX does.

– Have motion blur as an option, most people would add their motion blur later when editing.

Also when I record a movie it over writes the previously recorded one, instead of recording a new set, is that meant to happen?

Montz

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Some suggestions:
– I have net_graph bound to a key, it still shows up when recording which is very annoying, try and find a day to remove it like PLDX does.

– Have motion blur as an option, most people would add their motion blur later when editing.

Also when I record a movie it over writes the previously recorded one, instead of recording a new set, is that meant to happen?

I am working on the net_graph issue, it should be fairly easy to fix.

You are not the first to ask me to put motion blur as an option, so I’ll consider it.

It only records different movie names as long as you are within the same tf2 session. If you close tf2 and re-open it, the first movie you record will overwrite the mov1_ series.

MikeChilds

.:ne:.
N³ |

Great tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b24uzODPeU looks smooth

Montz

Version 2.3 is out!!!

Changes:

*fixed major bug that prevented some users from starting tf2 through the tool
*changed initial path of filechooser to steam directory
*fixed a minor bug that prevented custom framerates and resolutions from being
saved properly
*the tool automatically restores the user’s config and hud on startup
*added button to delete contents of “movie” folder
*added 5 movie slots and changed the names of tga and wav files to resemble pldx
*disabling announcer now properly disables end of round sounds
*removed item meters from killnotices HUD
*removed voice command menus
*disabled net_graph properly
*changed look and feel of the tool to resemble the system it is running on
*removed “enable old demos” option (valve fixed old demos with the replay
update)

Link: http://lawenarecordingtool.googlecode.com/files/lawena%20recording%20tool%20v2.3.rar

Whiteglow

Quoted from Montz

Version 2.3 is out!!!
Changes:
*fixed major bug that prevented some users from starting tf2 through the tool

It’s works now! Tnx!!!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Trying to record some spy footage, but it has the cloak meter showing even when on ‘None’ HUD.

DO I have to DL a custom movie HUD to stop this? Or is there an easier fix? If I need the movie HUD can someone point me in the direction.

Quoted from Montz

Just wanted to notify everyone that thanks to the help of our friends at ozfortress, I was able to identify the problem that caused some people to be unable to start tf2 via the tool. I will fix it in the next update, which is probably coming this weekend.

Quoted from Montz

Version 2.3 is out!!!

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Starting the game works fine for me, but after the recording-process, I am not able to close the java-window (actually, I can’t click anything inside the window). However, Team Fortress 2 closed properly.

Win7 x64. – screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/DNMth.jpg

Last edited by nTraum,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 31 Next »