Forum

lawena recording tool

Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 31 Next »

Quantic

Quoted from fisheye

well, i tried to record some new footage and it seems that in every demo now the problem exists (announcer voice is on). i looked in tf2 directory and the vpks were copied there. is there going to be an update?

It’s hard for me to find the cause because I don’t have this problem with recent demos. I’m aware of this problem but it only occurs to me with older demos. I would only try deleting cache file(s) inside ‘tf/sound’ if that makes any difference, otherwise I’m stuck for the moment. Sorry..

basH.

hf

i tried it out..its not working and now i cant start tf2 :D

Quantic

Quoted from basH.

i tried it out..its not working and now i cant start tf2 :D

Try running lawena once to restore your original TF2 files. You shouldn’t have any folder starting with lwrt in your tf folder after you do this.

Tell me if this persists.

Leif

I tried the new version and when I press P to record it doestn work

Quantic

Quoted from Leif

I tried the new version and when I press P to record it doestn work

Is it giving any console message when you press P? Maybe the demo rebound the key, do you use a class config file that binds P?

For now, try rebinding the command using “bind P startrecording” or with another key.

You can also edit the lawena/cfg/recbindings.cfg file and look for the “bind P startrecording” line.

Last edited by Quantic,

Leif

It says “‘crosshairswitcher/binds’ not present; not executing.” even trying to bind the key manually.
Is that because in my crosshair switcher binds I have p bound?
I even tried to comment that line but still doesnt work, even if I disable the crosshair switcher option in lawena.

edit: I have p bound in config.cfg but it doesnt work when commenting that line still.

Last edited by Leif,

Quantic

Quoted from Leif

It says “‘crosshairswitcher/binds’ not present; not executing.” even trying to bind the key manually.
Is that because in my crosshair switcher binds I have p bound?
I even tried to comment that line but still doesnt work, even if I disable the crosshair switcher option in lawena.

edit: I have p bound in config.cfg but it doesnt work when commenting that line still.

Yes that’s why. Please change the recording key by editing the lawena/cfg/recbindings.cfg and looking for “bind P startrecording”

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

How to enable the custom skyboxes (I tried several Skyboxes from lawena)? Maybe i’m just dumb rofl. Do i need to extract them to the tf folder maybe?

Brotato Chip

I too am having problems with the custom skyboxes. When I launch TF2 from Lawena, I have “skybox.vpk” ticked and both the skybox.vpk and the folder with the skyboxes get pasted into my tf/common folder. It seems, though, that the skybox folder that gets pasted into my tf/common folder doesn’t have the custom skyboxes provided by Lawena, only the default ones from TF2.

Longs story short, the files are there, the .vpks are there but it isn’t working. Send help.

Quantic

I have not tested vpk’d skyboxes, but if you put the .vtf files (not the .vmt) inside the “skybox” folder of lawena it will load along the included. Plus you get previews. Please try this for now.

Last edited by Quantic,

Brotato Chip

Quoted from Quantic

I have not tested vpk’d skyboxes, but if you put the .vtf files (not the .vmt) inside the “skybox” folder of lawena it will load along the included. Plus you get previews. Please try this for now.

The .vmt files are already in the lawena skybox folder before I launch lawena. I tried pasting the .vmt files into the lawena folder AFTER launching Lawena but it didn’t work either. It seems the skybox files are present until I launch Lawena, at which point they are no longer in the skybox folder, only the default ones.

Quantic

Quoted from Brotato Chip

[…]

The .vmt files are already in the lawena skybox folder before I launch lawena. I tried pasting the .vmt files into the lawena folder AFTER launching Lawena but it didn’t work either. It seems the skybox files are present until I launch Lawena, at which point they are no longer in the skybox folder, only the default ones.

If you use the VMT files in skybox folder, it won’t work correctly because those are generated using the VTF when you select a custom skybox from the dropdown.

What folder structure did you have with the VPK you used? If you can’t get the VTF into lawena/custom then you’ll have to use the VMTs. Check the structure of your VPK, or just extract all VMTs to “lawena/custom/my_skybox/materials/skybox”, tick it in the interface (“my_skybox”) and select “Default” skybox in the dropdown.

A separate issue would be that skybox is not appearing during playback despite having it copied correctly. This is another matter with the demo system and custom files, some .dem files don’t load them at all, while others load them perfectly.

Fico.7

<:3

i have a problem with lawena
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/530/wikz.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4537/3b22.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9057/mbrb.jpg

the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIIJnxHFaI4 look the min 00:18 00:25

I do not know what to do
Help Me!

Last edited by Fico.7,

Brotato Chip

Quoted from Quantic

[…]

If you use the VMT files in skybox folder, it won’t work correctly because those are generated using the VTF when you select a custom skybox from the dropdown.

What folder structure did you have with the VPK you used? If you can’t get the VTF into lawena/custom then you’ll have to use the VMTs. Check the structure of your VPK, or just extract all VMTs to “lawena/custom/my_skybox/materials/skybox”, tick it in the interface (“my_skybox”) and select “Default” skybox in the dropdown.

A separate issue would be that skybox is not appearing during playback despite having it copied correctly. This is another matter with the demo system and custom files, some .dem files don’t load them at all, while others load them perfectly.

I tried the “my_skybox” method with “Default” from the dropdown but it still didn’t work ;_;

I’ll try re-installing TF2 and see if that has any effect. Thanks a lot for your help up until this point, though!

LpL

I have a problem. When I press “p”, the picture slows down but it does not record.

help me :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 31 Next »