Forum

lawena recording tool

Created 17th May 2011 @ 21:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 31 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Yeah, I kinda realized how stupid my response was just about as I clicked send. I will look into it for the next version.

Also, I don’t program in Java (so this may be stupid), but assuming it doesn’t have native registry parsing, you could do something like:

(x86)
rt.exec(“reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath”);

(x86_64)
rt.exec(“reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath”);

to at least find a decent place to set the start directory for the file manager.

Montz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Also, I don’t program in Java (so this may be stupid), but assuming it doesn’t have native registry parsing, you could do something like:

(x86)
rt.exec(“reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath”);

(x86_64)
rt.exec(“reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath”);

to at least find a decent place to set the start directory for the file manager.

I actually am querying the registry in a similar way for the user’s dxlevel in order to restore it after they close tf2, so that shouldn’t be a problem. I just wasn’t aware of where in the registry the install path was. Thanks for the suggestion :D

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Montz

[…]
About replays, I also see your point but it will take me a while to figure out which hud entity manages that sign in order to disable it. As soon as I figure it out I will fix it. Other than that, what did you think about the application?

sounds great, gonna try it tomorrow :)

if you need help with HUD-stuff, just http://steamcommunity.com/id/brsladd me on steam[/url] :)

Kenny

v. existence

didn’t record , i press f12 and it take screenshot :D

Montz

Quoted from Kenny

didn’t record , i press f12 and it take screenshot :D

Are you talking about the steam screenshot? Or did you go to your tf/movies directory and saw a bunch of .tga screenshots?

qkls

qkls

Quoted from Montz

[…]

Are you talking about the steam screenshot? Or did you go to your tf/movies directory and saw a bunch of .tga screenshots?

F12 is the default for steam’s own screenshots.

Spike Himself

TC

Does this tool check whether you have a valid tf2 installation by merely checking whether any .gcf files exist, like pldx does? Please say no :)

xiuxiu

[{ORAL}]

is there any way to record in anything else than .tga? like avi or some easy to use format?

FIR

SnG

Quoted from xiuxiu

is there any way to record in anything else than .tga? like avi or some easy to use format?

isnt .tga the standard way of getting your clips without messing up the quality? i was under the impression recording straight to avi would sometimes ruin the quality and not to mention consume a shit ton of time to record :O

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from xiuxiu

.tga is easy!! Once you do it once, you won’t forget it. Back in the day I used to think it was difficult to do, just give it a go, plenty of tutorials out there to help you!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

Does this tool check whether you have a valid tf2 installation by merely checking whether any .gcf files exist, like pldx does? Please say no :)

UTSL

(i UTSL’d for you, answer is no.)

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

1. You forgot to credit the guy who made the demo fix
2. In the replay update valve fixed this themselves (so you don’t need the plugin anymore)

Bonkers

Looks interesting. Is it easier to use than pldx or harder? only ever used pldx once and it broke =P

Skyride

DUCS

Seems like a pretty cool tool dude, I’ll definitely be using it. :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

UTSL

(i UTSL’d for you, answer is no.)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 31 Next »