Forum

vegas 9 stops rendering after file weights 2gb

Created 29th August 2010 @ 01:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

fisheye

when i try to render it says:

An error occured while creating the media file ***.avi.
The file being rendered has exceeded the maximum size allowed for the selected format.

rendering as uncompressed avi, the error appears when file size reaches 2gb.
any ideas?

Last edited by fisheye,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

u record from game straight into an avi probably, if thats the case this happens

you need to record to tga files then compile them with VirtualDUB. So for example

bind – “host_framerate 360; startmovie test”
bind = “endmovie; host_framerate 0”

– starts the recording = ends it. this creates the tga files, thousands of them, then download virtual dub, compile these files into an avi, this will then work in vegas

if u mean just from vegas, i’ve not had that problem

Last edited by Fragga,

Steve

if you’re going to record with tga’s, I recommend you use the pldx recording tool
much easier to use

Xantraz

8===D

Make sure that you have NTFS partition. Some FAT partitions don’t support files larger than 2GB.

(l2read – he told that he has a problem with rendering in Vegas, not in TF2)

Last edited by Xantraz,

siN

xenon

Like problem http://www.ipix.lt/images/28717013.jpg

Quoted from Xantraz

Make sure that you have NTFS partition. Some FAT partitions don’t support files larger than 2GB.

Last edited by dotfloat™,

fisheye

Quoted from Fragga

u record from game straight into an avi probably, if thats the case this happens

you need to record to tga files then compile them with VirtualDUB. So for example

bind – “host_framerate 360; startmovie test”
bind = “endmovie; host_framerate 0”

– starts the recording = ends it. this creates the tga files, thousands of them, then download virtual dub, compile these files into an avi, this will then work in vegas

if u mean just from vegas, i’ve not had that problem

this is exactly what i did. i used pldx to record tgas then i put them together with virtualdub using lagarith. im gonna try rendering in vegas 8 and post here what happened.

Quoted from Xantraz

I have NTFS and filesize restriction is not a problem, because i have even larger (4GB, 3GB) files, which came from vdub from compiling tgas…

Last edited by fisheye,

rezOnanceUK

Üb

Same thing happened to be today so i did this and it worked

http://www.rodneyreynolds.com/content/fix-sony-vegas-crashing-while-renderingediting

Btw you in the tek9 movie compeition?

Add A Reply Pages: 1