Forum

CP Coldfront RC3

Created 25th March 2010 @ 22:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

dannye

cb.

^Yes, liked the map too, something new & interesting.

– Some walls have strange clipping, you can temporary stuck while moving alongside. It happened to me today on 2nd and 1st CPs.
– Annoying wind ambient on mid CP :) I hate turbine mid and well spawn for the same reason.
– Server fps periodically drops to zero for some reason for first 3-5 minutes on the map. It happened on our shitty server and on 1000fps n1ping server as well. cp_freight (not _final afaik) have same issues…

Map is great except for above. Looking forward for fixed version in S8 :)

Last edited by Olphken the Lucid,

Snyyppis

RLM

We only got to play once tonight but some of my thoughts:

-Last point area is friggin huge, and yet, most of the action plays out in the edges since the mid-area is so large and open.
-Didn’t really fancy the no glass behind the last cap (tho I get it since the point is actually somewhat forward from the spawns).
-Mid was interesting… Kinda played out differently from all other maps, tho a bit fastlanish with the upward slope and whatnot. We also we’re kinda disorganised as a team so really don’t know.
-Didn’t actually even notice a wind sound but then again I’m not exactly an audiophile…

Hope I get to play it again some time.

Last edited by Snyyppis,

Benjamuffin

[TDC]

A well made map, that works. Unlike a lot of pretty maps, that from a gameplay perspective, cause issues in how the gamemode is supposed to be played.

Each pointʻs area has been thought out to bring the battle to certain planned directions from the map maker.

However, I do have one criticism.
It feels incredibly linear.

Though well made and thought out from a visual AND gameplay perspective. Overall it just feels like one big long corridor with a few walls/rocks in the way.

Itʻs definitely not one I would like to play varied classes on. It really is only good for clustering around and smashing into one another with offensive classes.

Thanks though. It was interesting to play. :)

Icarus

[TF2M1]

Thanks everyone, I’m glad you all enjoyed it.

I’ll check out the clipping issues, and I’ll further tone down the wind sounds.

Admittedly, though, I literally set out to make a boring map. Straightforward, no frills, no gimmicks. Only solid gameplay and balance. It was almost supposed to be the ‘Final Destination’ of TF2. It was a nice change of pace from the other maps I’ve worked on, like ctf_vector and pl_waste.

Last edited by Icarus,

Hat

i like the map but my fps is HORRIBLE, especially on last – i get around 20fps constantly when standing in the last area (both sides)

this is with a gtx 275/quad core & high fps config

blorg

Looks like a really nice map. Jumps are easy to mid, and there’s alot of space to work with. Good job :)

Nice map, different flow and dynamics as for instance badlands. I think it plays well and should definitely be up for consideration to be in the map pool next season.

Couple of points I noticed:

– Takes ages to get to mid (or at least feels like it)
– Have to seperate your team to efficiently defend mid (more so than on granary for instance)
– pushing into second is a bitch to do due to the enemy virtually always standing on the platform, yet it’s perfectly doable
– last is big. Like, real big. In fact, it’s goddamn HUGE. It’s doable though, a nice change in pace compared to the other maps.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

louzb3K

iCon

I enjoyed playing on this map, that is really great.

Good mix of openspaces and indoor fights, possibility of backcaping, great architecture.

Really good map :)

Just reading all the good comments on this map… I really hated this map. I mean, it’s so open on mid, that a sniper could just wipe the whole team out if he/she is good enough. The mid does have a lot of jumping possibilities, which I do appreciate, as I am a soldier. But, if somebody does want to whine about me not liking a map, PM me, and please don’t flood this thread.

Grammer

Veg

In my opinion, cp_coldfront is way better than prolane and I think it diserves to be in maplist next season

Last edited by Grammer,

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Quoted from Grammer

In my opinion, cp_coldfront is way better than prolane

+1, but im looking for next cup maps and then i can make my selection, which maps are deserved to add maplist. :)

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Some issues I had with the map…

1. Outside and last is very laggy, the smog ontop of the last point has to go imo, causes an fps drop we could do without.
2. Middle is also too foggy, very hard to call anything, very hard to see anything and to have a proper mid fight, it seems to be more decided by who can get lucky spam the most then actuall agressive gameplay etc.
3. Middle also has to many directions of attack, I would like to see the middle part cut out, which means there’s a chance that you can hold outside of middle like badlands etc. Instead if you lose mid or want to hold back for kritz etc. it’s impossible to really hold a point outside of mid easy without at risk of a major attack.
4. Not a fan of the middle CP myself, it’s too easy for a demo to just jump on it and spam everyone inside, especially as you wont see the demo till it’s too late anyway.

Some good points…
1. Despite the FPS lag I recieved on last it’s a very good change in pace and unusual, I would prefer to see spawns moved closer to it so teams have a better chance defending for those that respawn in time (more badlands last ditch defending kinda thing)
2. 2nd point I really enjoyed, defending and attacking, maybe it’s abit too easy for teams to fall back on but it’s still fun to attack and defend also.

I also manage to get to mid at 9:42 as demo, I can upload a jump rollout if this interests people.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

really really liked this map, the only downside IN MY OPINION was the size of 1st point, It was far too big and was really too hard to know what to do really, just felt kinda lost in it, But the other points i think are great, all a decent size with whats around and nice ledges etc to jump from. I do hope to play this again.

haze-e

is good!

Played some Lobby games on it and it’s a really good map!

The mid is something special, very good work!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »