Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 109 Next »

byte

Wai!!!! :D you genius you this the same Wai i know? There’s only one wai right? :P Mr “I’m special” :D thanks dude for the compliments, yeah the project’s going well it’s near an end I believe.

Ideally it was going to be out today however, i have agreed (with Larky) that some finesse and ‘finishing’ quality is to be added. The hardest part of ANY project is the last 10% of it because you end up wanting to hurry it up and finish it, however with all the man hours spent on this project with advertising/communications/designing/endless nights of testing/implementing/services and many other brackets we figured 2/3 more days will not hurt…

Trust me it will make the map feel like a real map that you want to play (even more) I hope :-)

It will all come together hopefully this Friday or Saturday. I will need my regular testers AND 2/3 more. I need around 6/7 ppl in total if they are free when the rc1 is out to go through the map and be on vent with me…

The usuals

– NOT-HIM
– Runesky
– Baerbal
– Codcrille

Another 2/3 testers preferably those who have been supporting it from the start and not fame e-testing wannabe’s.

Will update this post soon again!

Cheers

Byte

wai

TEZC
TEZC

yeah same wai, Mr Spechial. Looking forward to release, add me on steam waitey118 <3

also ive never tested a map, but if i can help gimmie a shout

Last edited by wai,

tragett

i’d test it :)

Mark

Phase

I’ll test it if it turns out you do need a fame e-testing wannabe.

Killzone

I’m willing to test some :) . Just contact me trough Steam or maybe IRC if im on (if im there, im probably in pickup2, #gottf2). Could also join Vent if i got IP and such :) .

wai

TEZC
TEZC

what have i started now :/

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I will test your shit map! <3

hykleri

its sunday… WE WANT THE MAP! T_T

Can’t wait for this, I’ve really started to love this map.

MangyCarface

What about the bridge? Was the bridge redesigned yet? You haven’t answered this on any of the forums I’ve posted it…

byte

Apologies for those that have been waiting all weekend for the rc1 version, we had a technical glitch, however it was all for a good cause. Without giving much info the fps ‘spectrum’ is much more consistent i.e. on cp3 (for me) it would range from 80-130…which is a big drop however still high frame rates.

None the less a consistent fps is better and much smoother to have than higher fps but fluctuating alot.

So now cp3 for me ranges from 90-110 and i must admit it feels alot smoother…
Thanks to vlad for highlighting the issue really as for most it didn’t affect them but certain players it did…

Some good news is that the rc1 version has been tested and spot checked for errors by Absolute Myself Larky Anderson Baerbal and Wildcard last night (10/01/2010)

In theory and hopefully the cp_obscure_rc1 should be out tonight around 10ishpm i’m hoping if all goes well in my “final check-up”.

I will do a proper post about the update and release of this soon in this thread explaining what i need off the community both public/pro side for the “final” version of this project being cp_obscure. :)

Cheers

Byte

hykleri

hope it will be out soon. :3

byte

Hey all

Right a pretty extravagent update, for those with a ‘trained’ ‘obscure’ eye will notice a significant difference to the map especially on capture point 2…

.::. List of Changes .::.

– Left side of cp2 has been completely revamped.
– Skybox has been totally tweaked to incure stable and more consistent fps
– Lobby now has higher and stable fps… lesser drops, however it is VERY difficult to optimise this area due to the nature of where the exit’s and entrances

i.e. if you stand on top of the lobby and are sides way where you can see 3 exits i.e. top entrance going to capture point 1 and on your right is capture point to entrance 2 and the hole alot has to be rendered, but we are finding ways round this so give us a little bit more time but overall it has improved and is stable.
– Much more detailing has occured to capture point 2 as you will notice, hope it adds an affect to your game play/experience.
– Left side house has been given a layout vamp, in that there is a staircase where an enemy or attacker could stand and make advantage over, however if a soldier wishes to stay there, he is secluded from the combo pact this is done on purpose so the game play/layout is not comprimised to how it’s known originally.
– Forward Spawns have been detailed a little, more detail may occur for the final version.
Most important update, the fps is now more consistent and more “stable” thus being smoother game play. For example in b4 i would achieve fps on cp3 somewhere between 80-130 this is considered too much of a fluctuation, so we’ve tweaked it so that its now between 90-110 so less fluctation occurs. You should notice this also on capture point 2 and lobby

Just to give you an idea as to what fps i achieve in battle and alone on the map.

obscure>badlands>granary – in battle fps wise achieved (for my settings)

obscure>badlands>granary – alone on the server (for my settings)

I think the main problem was fluctation but the above is to give you a boundary as to whether the fps is in a “comfort” zone and hopefully this has been achieved…

– Lots of tweaks and fixes applied thanks to myself, baerbal, wildcard, larky, Absolute (i apologise if i have missed anyone who did spot-checking for the rc1 version)
– Added sounds to the map, Not in sync 100% will be fixed in the final version but should make some sense with what you hear :)
– The skybox it self is still in progress so please don’t add any remarks about this just yet, very minor things left to do hopefully…
– Added extra details to capture point 3 and more colour distinction so you should know which side you are on…
– Added more signs to state which spawn you are in (requested by the public players)
– Added a little bit more detail to capture point 1 but nothing major…
– Same applies to the lobby.
– Added a visual model to the path underneath capture 2 to increase the chances of an enemy/attacker using this route/approach.

Right now to the important part, as we are now on cp_obscure_rc1 (releasecandidate1) this means we have reached almost 99.9% towards

completion, this is where you the community come into this (public or pro may i add, as i must admit the public see things on a different wavelength and makes me appreciate their views more so than the pro sometimes :D).

I need ANY spotted bug mentioned on here on this forum OR to me on irc, no matter how pedantic it is, we will review it and we need to address all

– Tiniest Bugs
– Minor Bugs
– Majors Bugs
– Game breaker

So for example, stickies being hidden inside a model this is a bug if you spot it somewhere on the map please please!!! give us a detailed description where you managed to do this….

Another example is standing on invisible ledges even though you shouldn’t say as a soldier or demo…if you find any again please please mention, all types of bugs will be considered an analyzed.

Another example is a beam is irritating and it’s blocking my movement…or a pipe..and so on..

Anything… please i do need your cooperation on this, there is only so much i can test myself with 1 brain but with over 1000 players brains i’m sure ppl can find more bugs than me.

Again i can’t thank Larky enough for this efforts, been a stressful 2 weeks for him with the demands i’ve been piling (as i’m a pain :D), just to clarify for

the confusion codcrille isn’t doing the mapping it is Larky, codcrille was a alpha map maker who had to retire due to rl commitments :P)

More to come hopefully if i get a break in the next few days working on a nice suprise for you all…

Download cp_obscure_rc1 http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/cp_obscure_rc1.zip

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Jolly good work chaps!
I thought RC stood for release candidate? :P

KOVACS

Best map in TF2

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 109 Next »