Forum

koth_reservoir (Highlander)

Created 9th October 2014 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

.zero

-chess-

It’s actually less awful than I expected on a proper scrim. I even enjoyed playing it.

Last edited by .zero,

NULL

Lot of people was shittalking me about this map.

But, but, i really enjoyed play on it °-°

Asaaj

I’d enjoy it to when I was on a killstreak as a demoknight xd

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

played it last night. All you have to do is out DM the enemy, cap the point, and continuosly block it with a flank class if they manage to break your hold, time will keep ticking. So shitty rofl

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Played it in our official and gonna play it again this week because people still want to scrim us on it. To be perfectly honest, it was loads of fun. Sure, there are mapdesign problems and the map looks unfinished, but for me the map doesnt necessarily have to look pretty to be fun. There are interesting things this map introduces and it is honestly not unplayable at all. If you do not like it, try taking it seriously with a team not full of “Awww maaaan this map suckzz ballzzz”- attitude people and you can have a ton of fun playing it.
It is nice to see some players here that have a similar point of view. (Posting this as a participant of season 7, not as staffmember).

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

The map needs some more props/numbers/something so that positions/corridors/shutter-doors can be easily called. E.g. the cp below has 4 shutter-doors

Last edited by Toba,

Falcon0408

Quoted from Toba

The map needs some more props/numbers/something so that positions/corridors/shutter-doors can be easily called. E.g. the cp below has 4 shutter-doors

thissssss
even just a big 1,2,3,4 on the wall next to the shutters below would do the job, or something like that so you know which shutter is being called

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Map is fun for casual playing, but IMO it doesn’t measure actual skill of the team. It’s favors defenders a lot, usually if you cap first you will win whole round, it’s hard to break if the enemy knows how to hold point, you have like 3 shutters and one choke under that balcony, so it’s easy to block it, also if you have control on the map you can spawn camp with sniper aiming from really long corridor.

For me long corridor to mid requires redoing, bottom point also, I would get rid of some of shutters maybe, more space near the mid area maybe, props so you could use more names for places would be nice.

Tuffy

pd!

About the name for the places, go play the b5 version. Already released it weeks ago, and the map has decoration, so you can call easily the position. I have already in mind what I can change for a b6 version, but anyway for the official you’ll have to play b4.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

a situation in the Fe vs KS official/cast demonstrates why reservoir is annoying map.
Fe has the point and loses a lot of players, lets see how long it takes for Ks to recap.
Watch the vod now:
http://youtu.be/ukxmXgjcM04?t=43m10s

So basically when the Red timer hit 1:30 in any standard koth map the cap wouldve been capped off within the next 10s in most cases. This effectively means Red delayed for 20s since Red gets the 10s off the clock which also means that those 10s didn’t run down Blu’s timer therefore doubling its value.
Now on Reservoir it didnt take the standard 10s, by having the Red team run away and block the point from below they delayed for a solid 40s before the Blu timer started to tick down. 40s with the above applied logic results in 1min 20s gained value.
The conclusion from this is that the meta will develope to a wild goosechase where one team doesnt fight while the other one needs to keep chasing.
If etf2l wants to stick with this map then the map must be changed so that the team holding the point is at a much greater disadvantage allowing easier wins for the attacking team.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

HartzFartz pretty much said what I was going to say. Harrassing the cap is too easy and spamming dead ringer becomes a valid strategy. The team getting the first cap has a massive advantage.

Tuffy

pd!

Yeah I’m thinking about how changing the flank and corridors to give a better advantage to the attacking team.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

You should also consider removing some of the shutter doors, it’s really annoying that you aren’t able to see what’s going on on the point/outside the point if you’re defending. Maybe add some windows to make up for it.

irfx

EPA

This is such a cool thing that final division placements depend on the result on some broken unpolished map (though it has potential, no offence). And no word by admins, what a disgrace. Eu hl in a nutshell

Last edited by irfx,

Popcorp

Don’t bother continuing this map please, thanks.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »