Forum

cp_gullywash_pro

Created 13th February 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 39 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

i know for sure but guess i just overcompensated for my scout thinking.

the map is a lot more open now so thanks for the feedback. check out the more open version below

http://files.filefront.com/cp+worselands+a4zip/;13329830;/fileinfo.html

Inexistence

Üb

Nothing too important, but there’s a fair few random nodraw textures about that really disorient me when running through the map. A couple of conflicting textures, like two textures in the same place, but again, not too important. I haven’t tested this in a pcw, but it seems like it’ll be really nice to play. It feels quite badlands-esque, far more like badlands than any of the other maps. The lengthways middle point, the height advantage second point, the last point feels very close as well.

Still, looks very nice and seems like it’ll be good to play.

EDIT: Noticed a small thing, on the entrance into red base, there’s a gap between the door frame and the actual wall. It’s not too big, but you can spam pipes and stickies either through the gap, or onto the wall and it’ll hurt the people on the other side. This isn’t on the Blue side.

EDIT2: Also, on each team’s last point, looking at where the enemies will come from, the exit on the middle right. In that tunnel, there is a small place where you can rocket/stickyjump into and hide. It seems quite unintentional, but I don’t think people should be able to hide there.

Gaarulf

UP|

Bad stufF:
– First cap is too closed
– Second cap is a hell to attack, mostly because you HAVE to go from beneath.
– Mid is WAY to close to spire.
– Corridors to tight.
– Messy
– Too few medpacks, specially at second.

BUGS!
– Doors, red spawn door may close for 5 seconds at start of round
– Blue door is just weird
– Flying medpack at spire

That’s what I found out after a 6v6 on this map.

RaCio

GoT²

The door on blu side turns into a jump pad when you jump towards it :D

anyway:
I loved the fight on the middle. It quite unique and allows aggressive and defensive styles. A heavy can get towards mid quite fast and he can fire from behind cover(pile of planks).

The ramp on cap2 is nice. And you can let a soldier jump onto the ledge between cap 3 and 4 to let him spam on the cap. However attacking the point still seems quite hard. There is a way to the left of the cap however offence doesn’t seem to stand a chance if they take that route.

The last point seemed kinda small. However it was quite balanced as long as people didn’t stand in their spawn.

Arnold

DAKKA

b1

http://files.filefront.com/cp+worselands+b1zip/;13341302;/fileinfo.html

thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

you will find i worked quite hard on b1 :D get ready to be amazed

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

imo you should add a roof that you can get on top of here – http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1765/roofwooo.jpg

would make mid more interesting and heavy dominated, but make a way for light classes to get up there fast to take down the demo/soldier up there!

Cheers

Numlocked

Inexistence

Üb

Yeah, that spot that numlocked used really screwed us over whenever he did it. A way to remove or even lessen that advantage would be appreciated.

To me it seems like the second caps a little quickly compared to the middle. It might have been nothing, but it seemed that when I stood on the point as a soldier, and around the same time they had a x4 on the middle point, I was going to cap. A scout came and got me off first, but it seemed strange that a x1 could beat a x4. Not sure if it’s true, but maybe.

Some of the respawn doors seemed a little messed up if people came out in waves. I think this is a problem with the trigger_multiple and the delay before reset setting. I’d suggest having a little test around and checking what works for that.

There also seemed to be a lack of ammo about the map. Of course, this may have just been my lack of knowledge of it, but it felt like there was very little and I was always searching.

At middle, it felt as if the medic would go down to red health, then have absolutely nowhere to go to get more health. In badlands, he can retreat into the house and get health, but he loses the advantageous position of being behind the carts. In granary, he either puts himself in danger by going for the health, or he retreats to get health far further back and just loses the chance entirely. It seems here that it’s extremely difficult for the medic to manage a retreat, as the exit is placed in an area quite spammable, so the medic ends up just stuck at middle on low health.

Of course, I may be wrong about some/all of this, but it’s what I felt from the playtest of the map.

Akill

the medic retreaty thing is true, this is mostly due to the nature of the openness of the map

you can tell from playign worselands that arnold is a scout :D

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

that spot is fine inexistence, you just need to counter it faster. its good to use to counter a heavy which is hard to do otherwise :)

Arnold

DAKKA

you are absolutely right about med and ammopacks, but only playtest could point that out.

i’ll also fix the bug on middle :p wasn’t supposed to be there.

i’ll also take a look at captimes but i’m quite sure a 1x can’t beat middle 4x but i’ll have a look at it.

Thanks once again for playtesting and feedback!

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

DONT YOU DARE GET RID OF THE ROOF ON MID

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

seriously though inexistence, it’s not that much of an advantage. i double stickied onto it from a distance, instantly removing 100hp from myself. a soldier and a heavy were spamming me, and still didn’t kill me. i killed the heavy but not sold. other time it was 2 soldiers, and i killed them both and medic. i dont see a problem with it. just because i managed to kill lots doesnt mean its an advantage and it shouldnt be deleted from the map. its a good way to counter a heavy.

im so tired

Inexistence

Üb

Chill. I mentioned it once, and didn’t say to just completely remove it because it was overpowered. I understand it’s not that hard to repel, as the next time you did it I jumped up there and caused you to fall to your death.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

no need to chill, i wasn’t having a go at you :p

F2

Danmark

Seems like a really good map!
One thing that we experienced was having 2nd point capped and re-capped all the time.. like, within 5 minutes it was capped/recapped 10 times. Maybe it caps a bit too fast?
Another thing is when you get forward spawns, it’s very unintuitive where to go… Maybe put in some arrows or something, I don’t know.
But yeah, overall a good map with lot of potential.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 39 Next »