Forum

cp_granary for season 11 - yes or no

Created 7th January 2012 @ 11:01

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

The poll, people.

Also, can’t see how you can expect someone to change his opinion about the map just because the forums say it’s bad, instead of letting him play it.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

rndmr

Quoted from Shotgun

[…]

Wait don’t you mean like… every 5cp map?

Thats what i meant. Every map is boring when teams play it that way. It’s just granary is really narrow so it helps in doing so.

And not I am not a fan of granary it’s probably my least fave map, but still there are only 2 maps not included in s10 that are better than it. turbine_pro and standin (i am not sure about the 2nd one tho)

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Arnold

IMO it’s a lack of critical thinking towards granary, it is a very boring map with a horrendous midfight, if you want to talk blind mids granary has it and everything in between just isn’t interesting at all, granary only has last cp going for it where teams will almost never push back from cp1 when the teams are on equal footing, same goes for badlands last really but you can’t critique staple maps because they are perfect.

I’m not saying remove them because of these flaws, but honestly take a good look at those maps and realise they have pretty big flaws.

yes, gran has it’s flaws – esp. from a meds point of view (mid-fight). BUT! The overall flow of the map and the general layout are still very good (in my opinion). And you can not give people maps, where they have to actually think – remember bazillion? =) a very very cool map, but too complex for the average TF2-player =)

rytis

PrettyGay

if u think granary is slow ass then u should grow some balls and stop being so passive on the map

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from rytis

if u think granary is slow ass then u should grow some balls and stop being so passive on the map

Shame though, that passiveness is pretty much the best way to play granary. Case in point, epsilon.

I’m not a big fan of granary but if removing the map means I’d have to play yukon, warmfront or turbine, then leave granary the fuck alone please.

Genmix

bobs

yes, I like the map dynamics.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from rndmr

[…]

Thats what i meant. Every map is boring when teams play it that way. It’s just granary is really narrow so it helps in doing so.

And not I am not a fan of granary it’s probably my least fave map, but still there are only 2 maps not included in s10 that are better than it. turbine_pro and standin (i am not sure about the 2nd one tho)

turbine is so fucking boring -_- ctf in tf2 competitive is shit, the game is just too slow… the whole point in ctf is the grab and run thingy :

Dean

no

atmo

Quoted from xiuxiu

no.

[…]

tf2 can’t handle replacing granary but quake live somehow managed to remove dm6 from mappools despite they dont even have custom maps ?!

new maps = easier times for new teams to get on top since both old and new teams start from square one. would be fun imo. removing granary would have a bigger effect on ALL divisions (a positive one: closer games between old and new teams)

Remove badlands then. It’s actually pretty hard to get any practice on granary because nobody likes to play it any more.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

this is a stupid topic.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from xiuxiu

new maps = easier times for new teams to get on top since both old and new teams start from square one. would be fun imo. removing granary would have a bigger effect on ALL divisions (a positive one: closer games between old and new teams)

So by this logic do you want to remove badlands as well?

I don’t really agree with this point anyway. True with a new map that is relatively unplayed new teams *might* have an easier time getting closer games against teams that have been around for longer.

But then the old team will have more experience making them more likely to form a working strategy in a shorter time period than the newer team. At least with old maps new teams have demo’s to go over from old teams to see how the map plays out, with a new map teams would be much less willing to share their strategy if they think it can get them an edge.

Edd

T2P

no, granary is one of the core maps in TF2 for the reason that it’s not shit

luzik

Suoli
moog

certainly no

eilgin

can we play on idle and orange map instead ?

i love this thread :P

Last edited by eilgin,

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Hey, let’s remove badlands and gullywash aswell. Then we can play viaduct, badwater, 2fort and goldrush only!

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »