Forum

cp_gravelpit

Created 13th October 2011 @ 11:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Califax

dyn.

I haven’t followed everthing surrounding the “bug” that has surfaced on cp_gravelpit, and with a quick browze over the forum i could not find a concrete answer into what this bug entails.

So could anyone be so kind to describe it in detail here?

Last edited by Califax,

Mark

Phase

If the BLU team caps A or B in overtime, it will not award extra time, meaning RED will win as soon as it is capped. Happens because the output on the capture area trigger sends “AddTeamTime” to the timer rather than “AddTime”. “AddTeamTime” doesn’t work during overtime. Thassit.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

with Mark having nailed down, what exactly causes the issue, wouldn’t it be relatively easy for someone with the necessary know how to make a cp_gravelpit_fixed or whatever with the Time awarding thing fixed?

Last edited by slate,

Keyro

Cheater

Has someone contacted Valve to fix it ? That seems a bug easy to fix…

And yes, we need a cp_gravelpit_fixed even if it’s for 3 days because consequences are quite harsh.

Califax

dyn.

Ah, so in the first round, when neither team has set a time yet, the BLU team capping the A/B point, when the clock is stuck on 0:00 (overtime), the cap will not add 10 minutes to the round-time to give the BLU team a go at attacking C.

Gotcha. I understand.

It’s a shame though that we (my team) are such goody-two-shoes that we played our matches on time, and allready played and lost both Gravelpits (as it’s a map that just doesnt work very well for us), while winning the 5CP maps in those matches with 6-1…

Playing the games on time just bites us in the ass now, since i doubt our opponents will agree to replay them… :(

And every team in the league that havent played Gpit yet (it’s almost week4!), that simply doesnt like the map just like us, can just pick another map to play on, regardless if they encounter the bug or not… :(

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Califax

Ah, so in the first round, when neither team has set a time yet, the BLU team capping the A/B point, when the clock is stuck on 0:00 (overtime), the cap will not add 10 minutes to the round-time to give the BLU team a go at attacking C.

Gotcha. I understand.

Not sure you do, as I understood something different from mark’s post.

Capturing A or B in overtime basically wont be recognised by the timer. It will give the first team time to get C, but it wont add the extra time/cap onto the win requirements for the RED team’s attack.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Whatever the bug is, all I can think is “good riddance Gravelpit!”

Quoted from Califax

It’s a shame though that we (my team) are such goody-two-shoes that we played our matches on time, and allready played and lost both Gravelpits (as it’s a map that just doesnt work very well for us), while winning the 5CP maps in those matches with 6-1…

Playing the games on time just bites us in the ass now, since i doubt our opponents will agree to replay them… :(

And every team in the league that havent played Gpit yet (it’s almost week4!), that simply doesnt like the map just like us, can just pick another map to play on, regardless if they encounter the bug or not… :(

Same for us, just gotta hope your opponents are awesome guys and will agree on a replay. If not, fair enough it’s their right and it’s been played already. :)

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

why would any team replay the map, if that particular match wasnt affected by the bug.

Last edited by slate,

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Capturing A or B in overtime basically wont be recognised by the timer. It will give the first team time to get C, but it wont add the extra time/cap onto the win requirements for the RED team’s attack.

Hmmm, thats a bit different indeed.

So that just means, for example, if they capped it after 5 seconds overtime, they will end up with a time of 15:00, but the time actually took 15:05.

Only way this bug comes into play then is when the second attacking team stands on the final cap @ 15:00, needing 2 more seconds to cap, and the stopwatch-mode makes them lose…

Hope im getting it right now?

Seems to me this scenario will happen so scarcely, that it might have been better to just drop Gravelpit off-season, cause (i.m.h.o.) dropping it mid-season is bouned to cause an upset with teams feeling being disadvantaged.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from slate

why would any team replay the map, if that particular match wasnt affected by the bug.

I’m not saying that, i just said it feels weird that teams who havent played it yet have the choice to eliminate the map, and we were “forced” to play it.

But i do see the admins point for it, and hear what Bill’s saying.
Just wanted to put my thought out there…

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Lynn

Whatever the bug is, all I can think is “good riddance Gravelpit!”

Good riddance? >_< one of the best maps in the pool stop being silly xD

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

you were basicly right with your first post. Monkeh and how you summarized it, is wrong.

Quoted from slate

It’s not fair to play gpit one week and a different map instead of gpit the other week – nobody wants to play gpit until a few days before they have an official on it so there’s the matter of not a lot of practice on it for either team – whereas almost all 5CP maps are pretty easy to get PCWs on.

That’s my opinion on it, at least.

Monkeh

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Hmmm, thats a bit different indeed.

So that just means, for example, if they capped it after 5 seconds overtime, they will end up with a time of 15:00, but the time actually took 15:05.

Only way this bug comes into play then is when the second attacking team stands on the final cap @ 15:00, needing 2 more seconds to cap, and the stopwatch-mode makes them lose…

Hope im getting it right now?

Nearly there…..but no.

If BLU cap B in overtime and then go on to cap c as well, when RED attack, they will win just by capping B quicker. It wont register the fact C was capped at all.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »