Forum

cp_croissant (final)

Created 8th August 2011 @ 02:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 Next »

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

After playing this for the night, I have to say, this is one of the least fun maps I have ever played on. No backcaps? Fuck that.

Wacked

Hard to pull off. But none? Then something is not right with how they were executed.

Dillu

dyn.
VGN

Great map, but there are some flows I personally didnt like.
-cap timer on last makes it nearly impossible to backcap
-only option to push 2nd from mid and visa versa is via bridge. (the other options will put your team in a disadvantage)

but apart from that, awesome map!

Califax

dyn.

I do find most area’s a bit narrow, and hate the blind mid-fight.

And i got stuck on a doorpost backing up to last today, but like most others, i see it’s potential to be a good map.

But to have it in the S11 mappool….. Hmmm, i would say; NOT before it hits any ‘_rc’ stage…

And oh yeah, waaaaaaayyyyy to spy-friendly (Crashsite!)… ;)

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

<3

But anyways, you can backcap last like you can any other point. People think it should be like badlands where touching the point is insta win. If you treat last like any other point on the map, then it suddenly makes sense.

wrock

vier

Quoted from Dillu

-cap timer on last makes it nearly impossible to backcap

thought that too but it isnt so, i think its much easier because you have stil have enough time to cap the 2nd/ not like badlands nearly instant cap)

was really fun today, some fix improvements(and maybe any improvements in mid for scouts?) and i hope we will see it next season

btw. its a really fast map

Trane

Really enjoyed the map and the cup in general, so well done to Arnold and ETF2L respectively.

It’s a fun map to scout on, with the exception of mid fights, where it’s really hard to be effective (I found). Far too easy to get denied near water (height disadvantage), round the side on point (too narrow) or through the ramp/connector or underpass, there really is no room to move as scout, and you just get spam/sticky denied.

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

No backcaps? Fuck that.

what’re u talking about. My backcaps practically won our round 2 game.
Ok, only one of em actually finished capping, but it’s enough to force the enemy team back = anal kritz rape for them

Spike Himself

TC

Were there any games beyond the first round that weren’t using kritz all the time?

Trane

Didn’t use kritz at all.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Fix the door glitch on point 2.

I don’t like the mid point, not much strategy for it other than bomb like a spastic (spose why CrashSite loves it) Scouts really don’t have much options, other than go on Beach or play defensive and wait for openings. I’d like the middle to be just a bit bigger, the route to the point being less of a corridor of doom, a route on the point for the medic other than the corridor… but don’t give up Anne Frank to anyone!

Second point is a bit weird, think I’d prefer it if there was more distance between the actual 2nd cap and last point, I can understand the slower cap time to make the map more death match orientated on Last point but I think it is much too slow and the distance between 2nd and 1st is much too small for it to work.

Last point design, although a bit fucked up kind of works in my view, makes it more challenging to hold that you have a wide area you need to control to keep the height advantage.

Also we’d never won it without CrashSite…though his gamesense is still terrible. <3

Comedian

Quoted from Spike Himself

Were there any games beyond the first round that weren’t using kritz all the time?

LTG – PStM after the first round uses almost no kritz, so mostly uber vs uber.

Wacked

Please, add an outline of capture area on second. =) I saw in the POV that we believe we have 4x, which is infact just 2x. But in the heat of the moment you do not always check.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I loved the map, I don’t know what it was, but I really liked it. Maybe it’s the gamesenseless bombing at mid, or the ability to push out from last without turtling like a tool but I loved playing it. Good work :D

Quoted from Comedian

[…]

LTG – PStM after the first round uses almost no kritz, so mostly uber vs uber.

Afaik they only used it a lot because Rinta’s loadout got stuck with it on, and wouldn’t change back to uber at one point.

Adel

Üb

Mid feels like it’s very lacking in options… there’s just the choice of standing on the point, or bombing/spamming through that narrow bit next to it. It would be nice to see more than one option for the rollout to mid, and a more interesting arena once one gets there.

Not sure how to deal with the first of those issues, apart from changing the shape of the whole map. But maybe second issue could be dealt with by opening up that narrow area next to the mid cap point a bit, and putting some platforms in (and crates/steps for getting up to them) to add some more height elements and give the team more to do than stand on the ground / go and bomb. Maybe digging a passage under the point itself would be worthwhile too – gives the scouts more options.

Last point definitely felt very easy to camp with a heavy and even engineer. Didn’t see it so much in the final but in the preceding games quite a lot of camping was involved. Again it’s tough to know how to fix it but it might be worth trying reducing the height of both platforms (the cap one, and the area facing it across that chasm) and reducing the distance they are from each other, so that a med beam reaches across and a medic can just about jump it (keeping the area opposite the cap across the gap just slightly higher than the area by the cap so that med can jump from one to the other attacking, but the defending med has to take a longer path to push out).

edit: also it’s bloody annoying that you can’t jump up from 2nd cap to the area above it, but have to go back on yourself, around and through the door. I assume it was a deliberate design decision and not just an oversight, but I hate it :p Please put a little crate or something there so that a medic can make that jump in two steps.

Last edited by Adel,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 Next »